Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wolfs make politicians unable to count.....

Ok so I was reading this article today and it had some numbers of estimated wolf populations in the state(Idaho). So I did some quick research regarding the recorded number of hunted wolves Idaho Fish and Game have on the record since 2009's awesome first hunt.
    to date Idaho has recorded 886 wolfs killed by hunters either hunted or trapped.

now read this article and tell me how fast do these mofos make babies.!?!?!?!? Damn is all I say...they will be the end of humans well before zombies are at this rate.

article:
    MISSOULA, Mont.—The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the Idaho Fish and Game Department (IDFG) in opposition to a lawsuit aimed at stopping the management of wolves in the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness.

"There is nothing illegal about this management activity," said David Allen, RMEF president and CEO. "It clearly falls within the guidelines of Idaho’s federally-approved wolf management plan."

IDFG hired a hunter in late 2013 to track and kill wolves from two packs in central Idaho after determining wolf predation is a major factor preventing ailing elk populations in the area from recovering.

"The wilderness is a special place, but it is different from a national park," said Virgil Moore, IDFG director. "Backcountry hunting, fishing and wildlife viewing are treasured opportunities, and Fish and Game has actively managed wildlife in central Idaho since before the area was designated wilderness."

Moore stated aerial surveys in the Frank Church Wilderness indicate elk populations dropped 43 percent since 2002 and wolf populations are too high in relation to elk numbers. He also said there are at least six documented packs in the Middle Fork Salmon zone and several more across the wilderness area.

"Wolf hunting and trapping by sportsmen in the Middle Fork zones have not been sufficiently effective in reducing elk predation. Even if successful, this action will in no way come near to eliminating wolves," added Moore. "That is not, and never will be, our goal."

Last year IDFG managers estimated Idaho's wolf population at 683, an 11 percent drop from 2012, but more than 300 percent above the original minimum recovery goal of 150 established in the mid-1990s. The highest total was in 2009, when it estimated 859 wolves were in the state.

"There is a small fraction of people that believe the wolf deserves special rules and designations above and beyond all other wildlife. Wolves need to remain under state management like elk, deer, bears and lions in order to ensure balance and that there is sufficient habitat for the survival of all species," added Allen.

RMEF also remains committed to learning more about wolves through research efforts. Since 1989, RMEF invested nearly $664,000 in research grants to advance scientific understanding of wolves, wolf interactions with other species, and overall wolf management. The total includes more than $200,000 in science grants in just the past five years. Most of the contributions paid for independent research by leading universities, state and federal wildlife conservation agencies and tribes.
    I hunt because......

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow. Sounds like it should be all out war on the elk killing bastards!at that rate it will cost more to hire pro guns to kill the wolves when hunters would do it for free. Or he'll put a bounty on them.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    They multiply like crazy. Say there actually are 700 wolves (personally I think its atleast double since they are required to go with the minimum number they are sure there are) if 1/2 were female and those 350 females had 3 pups each that live that is 1050 new wolves each year. In good conditions they can be alot more productive then that. I dont think hunting alone can kill enough of them, especially in areas like Frank Church.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts

Wolfs make politicians unable to count.....

Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    They multiply like crazy. Say there actually are 700 wolves (personally I think its atleast double since they are required to go with the minimum number they are sure there are) if 1/2 were female and those 350 females had 3 pups each that live that is 1050 new wolves each year. In good conditions they can be alot more productive then that. I dont think hunting alone can kill enough of them, especially in areas like Frank Church.
    I say nuke em lol

Hiroshima part 2
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    That's crazy! I'm glad we don't have them here in Nv. Yet

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    That's crazy! I'm glad we don't have them here in Nv. Yet
    I heard the Nv isn't the habitat that wolves like. But then that is just hearsay.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I heard the Nv isn't the habitat that wolves like. But then that is just hearsay.
    I'm sure they would be very happy in the eastern side. Ely and south even up in the rubies.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think they could adapt to any place that had food for them. I hope they dont get to any other states either. They have done more then enough damage in ID/MT/WY. I would have some awesome elk hunting in my backyard if the wolves had not been introduced....

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wolves in the north and pigs in the south maybe the pig and wolves should meet

Thanks
    Congratulations
    NOOOOOOOOOO!! if the pigs head north and the wolves head south they would meet in CO, UT and NV. LOL