Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Help choosing new binoculars

Hello,

I am looking at using my Christmas money to buy new binoculars. It was very clear this year that the ones I was using are just not going to cut it for elk hunting. I do not have the money for top of the line ones, but I was looking at spending around $500. I am looking at the Nikon Monarch 7 10 x 42 binoculars right now. Any one have any insight on these or have any other suggestions? I hunt elk, deer, and antelope in Southeastern Wyoming both in the sagebrush and up in the forest if that changes anything.

Thanks for any help. I know you guys are experts on here.

Jeremy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My best advice is in your price range take a long look at vortex. Their quality coupled with their warranty cant be beat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by utmuleman View Post
    My best advice is in your price range take a long look at vortex. Their quality coupled with their warranty cant be beat.
    Second that. Haven't used them myself but others have stated they are just as good as leupold.
    Brian
    Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
    www.blueskieshunting.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm8352 View Post
    Hello,

I am looking at using my Christmas money to buy new binoculars. It was very clear this year that the ones I was using are just not going to cut it for elk hunting. I do not have the money for top of the line ones, but I was looking at spending around $500. I am looking at the Nikon Monarch 7 10 x 42 binoculars right now. Any one have any insight on these or have any other suggestions? I hunt elk, deer, and antelope in Southeastern Wyoming both in the sagebrush and up in the forest if that changes anything.

Thanks for any help. I know you guys are experts on here.

Jeremy
    I have the Monarch 7's. Optics are a personal feel and these work great for me. I live in Laramie and if you wanted to meet up I will let you borrow my Monarchs and take them for a test drive.

Also if you decide Vortex, send Hardstalk a PM he is a dealer. He could get you a good price.
    Last edited by ssliger; 01-20-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    i have heard from multiple people that the vortex razors are top notch, i have read many reviews that they are right in the same boat as the swaroski's but half the price, you can find them for $1199 i know that is a little more than u want to spend just want to relay the info. i would think the vortex vipers are a dang good pair too for more around what you want to spend. let us know what u get i would be interested to what u think. i have a pair of the monarchs had them for a few years sent them in because seemed like they were getting blurry got them back and were the same wasn't to impressed with them maybe my eyes are getting worse who knows. Before hunting season this next year I'm buying a pair of the razors.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    With just a tad more coin, you can buy the Vortex Vipers. To my very much untrained eye, I couldn't tell much of a difference between the Viper HD's and the Razor HD's. Unfortunately, the Vipers didn't fit my face very well, and the Razors fit perfectly, forcing me to buy them instead. Buy the Vipers, and never look back.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I have a lowly pair of Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42..for $229, I have been absolutely thrilled with them. Save some $$$ for something else you need...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Vangaurd endevors. Bought my wife a pair after using my brothers this deer season. There a very good HD bino and you can get them cheaper on ebay. He went from vortex to the endevors and likes them a lot better.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssliger View Post
    I have the Monarch 7's. Optics are a personal feel and these work great for me. I live in Laramie and if you wanted to meet up I will let you borrow my Monarchs and take them for a test drive.

Also if you decide Vortex, send Hardstalk a PM he is a dealer. He could get you a good price.
    x2 Vortex is the way to go for the money and Andrew will hook you up.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A day and a dollar short! I just cleared out my 2013 demos and you missed out by about 24 hours. Shoot me a pm and well find a way to get you some in your hands before dropping the coin to decide if there right for you.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!