Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

finaly on his way home!!! this american hero has been the only pow and has finaly been released, i cant even imagine how his family feels after all of these years of not giving up hope. good for them and good for him.
    Last edited by ivorytip; 05-31-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 5 Posts
    Good news!! its to bad when they dropped of the five gitmo killers it in qatar they didn't just kick them out the door at 30000'
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Army planes dont fly that high but 5000' would have been just fine!!!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Everything I'm reading about Bergdahl says that he left his unit on his own and we lost a lot of good men that went out looking for him. Many of the people involved in the search that lost friends are not too happy that the media is making him out to be a hero. Please read the real circumstances involving this case and you may not be so happy about his release for 5 big time Taliban guys!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-02-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Everything I'm reading about Bergdahl says that he left his unit on his own and we lost a lot of good men that went out looking for him. Many of the people involved in the search that lost friends are not too happy that the media is making him out to be a hero. Please read the real circumstances involving this case and you may not be so happy about his release for 5 big time Taliban guys!
    I am sure we havn't heard the whole story yet. Members of his unit aren't so congratulatory. Not sure the Army will release what really happened. That being said, I really have a hard time with giving 5 of the Taliban high ranking killers their freedom! But in any case...Welcome home!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have herd a few things like TG said too. I dont know very much about the whole situation. While I am happy he has been released I am not at all happy about releasing 5 prisoners or negotiating with terrorists on any level.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    we all know how the media is and i dont think its fair to cast judgment so fast on one of our own. for those of you that have been over there with boots on the ground im sure you could tell us how little we outsiders really know. i dont agree with the releasing of the 5 that so many lost thier lives to capture but he is on his way home to his father and mother and to a comunity that never lost hope. media can never be trusted, they say what will cause the most reaction and uproar. untill proven otherwise, he is one of our guys on his way home to good ole U. S. of A... personaly , i dont see how anyone would willingly turn him or her self over to the talibans, after 5 years im sure he whent thru some insane brain washing i hope by the end of the day and the sun settles that its not a broken hearted story.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Sorry Ivorytip, but this has nothing to do with the media. These negative comments about Bergdahl are coming right from the guys in his unit that knew him and know exactly what happened and that is that he left the unit on his own and then a bunch of our people died looking for him. The Taliban did not go into the camp where his unit was located and take him or take him during a skirmish. He left his unit on his own without his weapon, pack, etc. and then was either taken by the Taliban or sought them out on his own. Which of those two scenarios appears to be up in the air. Anyway, regardless of the circumstance IMHO this was a huge mistake on our part in negotiating with these terrorists and was done illegally by Obama seeing that a 30 day notice is to be given to congress before something like that comes to fruition. That is not the first time that King Obama has thumbed his nose at Congress and US laws that are on the books and done whatever he has felt like!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 06-02-2014 at 07:46 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 2 Posts