Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger...MUSHROOM!!!!

LOL! Today I was out dog hunting some prime coyote areas around here. Found lots of tracks today but just couldnt connect or get them to come out and play to calling today. On my way out I saw one off to my right down in the woods playing at something. I hit the brakes and grabbed the AR as I flew from the front seat. I came around the back of the truck safety clicked off, coming up ready. The coyote saw that look in my eyes from my front seat and he was already done playing with his pal and headed for the next county. He drew short 120 yards out and gave that classic coyote broadside peek to see if I was going to shoot him or not.
    Of coarse I didn't disappoint him, and with a smooth compression of the trigger, a 72grain Barns TSX was headed his way. He did a backflip from the gun shot and was gone. Just missed him, with peep sites and off hand the shot had landed just under his feet.
    I immediately put my attention to the fur ball the coyote was playing with, or dancing back so fast from. It was a BADGER!! Nice! He hadnt run from the gun shot and was now happy to have been left alone to mind his own agenda. He was about 34 yards out and going in and out of a hollowed out log. I ranged him again to confirm, and now the hunt was back on. He poked his head out and looked around, then went trudging along. With one more trigger compression and another bullet was on its way. This one found the mark and put this badger down where it lay. I headed down the hill to get it, and noticed it was not yet gone. I waited and not liking watching it, I sent another round its way.
    A friend of mine who works with fur took the hide, I got to keep the skull!! Its going to make a fun little mount!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00119-20110509-1631.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	1024
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Badgers are always fun, I would take one over a coyote anyday! Myself and hunting buddy each got one the same day a few years back......we considered this a grand slam since we usually don't see this many in one day. I took the first with my .22 mag......an average sized very prime male, then I spotted a monster out hunting squirrels and offered him my gun for the shot. At about 125 yrds he hit her hard, but she made it in the hole, but luckely we had a shovel to recover the trophy. When he pulled her out he looked at me and said "Now thats a badger".............I thought it looked more like a small grizzly bear! Good times and good memories.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    When I was in school we were reclaiming some farm ground that had been neglected and over run with badgers. Those critters are tough. The worst part is the smell, worse than a skunk. We must have taken about 20 off the place by the end of the summer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah they do have a potent odor. My wife wasnt so happy about that when I got it home. LOL
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com