Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts

Western Nebraska Deer

Any members willing to share some public or private land info in western Nebraska? I am looking for a place take my son in-state for a camping trip that is out of the norm for us. We have decent whitetail hunting but would like a change of scenery this fall. I have researched every large piece of ground on-line but ground knowledge would be a huge help. Don't need huge deer but would like to end up in a place with a few mule deer to chase around during the November rifle season. Send me a PM if you have anything your willing to share- thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PM me if your thinking pine ridge area.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nebowhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hilltop, the rifle season is pretty crazy and I haven't hunted it for years. The muzzle loader season is better quality of hunt as far as not much pressure. I can get you on some private ground around here and there is some public but it gets hit hard during the rifle season. Deer numbers are good so far. We haven't been hit with EHD like most of the state. Southwest Nebraska in the Frenchman unit but I haven't checked to see if any tags are left. They usually sell out for mule deer on first day. The rain we have had this year has the pastures still green and a lot of cover. I'm expecting a great year for quality. Won't be a problem finding a place to hunt if your interested.
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NE69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Based on my turkey hunting in Crawford and Chadron this past spring I would not hunt the public ground in those areas. Did not find any sheds, no skeletons and maybe a handful of deer. Actually seen more elk in Ft. Robinson than we seen deer. Im sure there are deer there, but unless I was blind I just didnt see them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AT Hiker For This Useful Post: