Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post

Can't Believe I Just Found This Forum

Well actually I can, because I've never hunted West of Missouri!! I've been reading for a couple of weeks and subscribed to EBJ and EHJ yesterday. I've already read a bunch in the MRS section today. Seems like some good info, but not as good as reading through this forum. And..... I've already received help through PMs which is amazing. Seem like a good bunch of people hanging out here.

Anyway, I'm from KY and will be hunting WY for the first time this fall with my brother and a couple of close friends. We have 4 PP for deer and Antelope. Probably going to bank the PP and try to draw an easy tag just to get out there and get our feet wet. Kill some goats and. Maybe get lucky enough to bag a deer or two. It's been a long drawn out plan to get out there and hunt. I was deployed for a year and when I got home my brother was deployed for 2 years, then school ect....but we are finally getting to go!!

I know this is a Western hunting forum, but if anyone ever needs any help hunting KY and some parts of Ohio, I bow hunt them both every year and can definitely point you in the right direction. Especially archery.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 5 Posts
    First off thank you both for your service! Welcome to EF, lots of good people and info on here. Great stories too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhoundman View Post
    First off thank you both for your service! Welcome to EF, lots of good people and info on here. Great stories too.

Ditto!

Were you stationed at Ft Campbell? I live right down the road from it, fantastic whitetail hunting for sure!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Welcome! You guys can draw a great antelope unit with 4 points!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the warm welcome, and ATHiker....one of the first post I found on this forum was your recap of your WY mule deer hunt. That was a great read, thanks.

I was not stationed at Ft. Campbell actually. But I've deer hunted there in the past. I'm further east above Knoxville TN, just south of Lexington Ky!

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What branch of the military were/are you in?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Army National Guard Infantry and Army Reserves Diesel Mechanic. Brother was a Navy Corpsman (Medic)....

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm out now, but work for the Army as a civilian. He works for the Veterans Affairs Pharmacy.

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was Army National Guard Infantry too. Attached to 3rd ID when we deployed. Im out now too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    I know this is a Western hunting forum, but if anyone ever needs any help hunting KY and some parts of Ohio, I bow hunt them both every year and can definitely point you in the right direction. Especially archery.
    If I ever draw a Kentucky elk tag I'll be sure to look you up! Welcome to forum.