Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    When you apply for Javelina you can get your license out of the way. Even though there are typically tags left over for "rats" you normally would apply for the draw to make sure you get your tag. They are a blast to hunt just a little challenging to cook sometimes but I'm sure there are some workable recipes out there. You would apply for the tag and your next years license i think around Oct

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcdeer View Post
    When you apply for Javelina you can get your license out of the way. Even though there are typically tags left over for "rats" you normally would apply for the draw to make sure you get your tag. They are a blast to hunt just a little challenging to cook sometimes but I'm sure there are some workable recipes out there. You would apply for the tag and your next years license i think around Oct
    So sometime this fall 2014, I buy my 2015 AZ license. We want to hunt deer in the SE corner (unit 32). So I need to put in to draw a Jav 32 tag. If I don't draw a tag, then that means I will not be able to buy one OTC because the quota has been met. Is that accurate?

If I do draw Jav 32, then I can simply buy OTC deer for 32 and have be on my way with the 2 tags.

Do I have this right?

And all of this can be done online?

Thanks
    You are correct and you will draw. If 32 is your choice let me know when you draw and I will tell you what I know about the area. I haven't hunted it for a few years but the hunting can be pretty good. I saw one coues buck that would have scored in the top 10 pope and young. I didn't see many muleys in my area but I can direct you to some areas for them

Thanks
    I just checked, your Javelina tag will include 6 units and the deadline to submit is the 2nd Tue in Oct. I will be rifle hunting muledeer down there in Nov (I should get drawn) with my father in law. He got a 170 Muley this last year that was with 2 other nice bucks. I will have up to date info for you about the time you get draw results.

Thanks
    Unit 32 is a good choice, and that is normally when I get my next year's license (October) is when you need to put in for javalina, archery deer is otc and that pretty much covers ,state wide, except for kibab and Units 13a+b like someone mentioned before, for rolling hills you will need to stay in the south end of the unit, and unless you go way south within 100 miles of the border is what I consider rolling hills in this state, cause the rest it's just less steeper than other areas. Hope that wasn't too confusing, lol made perfect sence to me.
    Last edited by az.mountain runner; 02-13-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks
    You might want to check out unit 35A further south but more of the rolling hills your looking for.