Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

In search for a womans pack. Any reviews for the kalipack from badlands?

Does not seem to be to many ladies packs out there. My wife is about 115 LBS and 5'4". Most mens backs are to long in the torso area and end up on her butt. I am having a hard time locating one at local stores and cabelas for her to try on. Is there any other packs that you might suggest. Pack will mainly be used for elk huting late season cold weather in the snow. Thanks, Brant

Thanks
    A great pack that is realistically good for packing in on multi day trips as well as packing out game is the Diablo. My wife is 5'2" and 100lbs... She has used this pack sucessfully many times afield... I would give it a shot... The only one we've found that fits her good.
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. Really liking the lightweight of the diablo.

It still seems to look a bit long. I saw a youtube video of it on a guy so I could compare the size. It really does not sit low on your wife? The straps will adjust all the way up and not be to loose? Shoulder and waist.

Im guessing the pack will have about 10 lbs of gear in it.

Thanks
    I'm a 5 foot 6 151lb guy,picked a diablo up on a trade a few months ago. I was looking for a small day pack,so far this pack has really impressed me. I don't think your gonna stuff a elk quarter in there but I did strap 30lbs of horns on the outside of it the other day. My only complaint is the straps are too long and the waist belt is a little big. Simple fix and free if you have badlands do it.

Thanks
    She had the belt taken up a bit and it fits snug around the hips, then by adjusting the shoulder straps it's a great fit for her, works great!
    "This is A Way of Life"

Thanks
    Eberlestock makes a small harness you can get on several packs. Its called the youth/womans harness. It allows a nice pack to be fitted properly to a smaller framed person.
    Check out their web site.
    I hunt because........

Thanks
    Cool, thanks guys! Gunna go see if Rocky Mountain Over Price has a diablo pack for her to try on.

Thanks
    I've put my girlfriend in the Eberlestock youth/womens harness and it fits her good. She also doesn't mind the adjustable harness on my Eberlestock dragonfly when it is shortened up.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    I'm 5'2" 145 .I'm long leged short in torso.I use the superday by Bandlands.
    Can you handle the challenge.... hunt hard but safe!!

Thanks
    sounds like there are some good answers for several of us with the same challenge. I sent emails to badlands and eberlestock this evening, asking for 15" torso length packs. I will update this thread with the replies from each mfg...

My wife has a great fitting gregory backpack. It is burgendy in color so I may just stick with that. I may be green on western hunting, but I have worn out more than a few backpacks....in my experience, it is hard to suggest a pack for anyone. I use mountainsmith and an arcteryx. My wife could not find a pack that she liked from either of those very reputable companies, that make dedicated wome's pack's. She threw on a gregory Deva, we put 35# of bean bags in it and she wore it around the store for about an hour with a smile..It has served her well...I highly recommend trying on any pack and wearing it with a load in it for a while.

I will post the replies from Eberlestock and Badlands..

Bryan
    Last edited by dead river; 06-12-2011 at 08:50 PM.