Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    I've done a lot of my own research for these regions/units but have never been to any of these regions/units myself. I wasn't asking for "hotspots", just some insight from somebody who's more familiar with them than me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerm77 View Post
    I've done a lot of my own research for these regions/units but have never been to any of these regions/units myself. I wasn't asking for "hotspots", just some insight from somebody who's more familiar with them than me.
    ***You could have fooled me when you ask a question about whether the BigHorn Mountains units have any public land, LOL! Like I said before, go down and hunt the high country in Region H. It's got good bucks if you can find them and the country is beautiful! PS: Just don't let a grizzly or the wolves get ya!!!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 02-02-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info, just haven't considered the bighorns when I replied. I have heard similar info about region h tho, beautiful country but lots of wilderness!

Thanks
    With 3 points you could draw G in the special draw. If you wanted to hunt deer and not use your points you could also draw R 2nd or 3rd choice in the special draw. H you could draw 2nd choice in the special draw but its not very likely. There are other regions you can draw 2nd choice in the regular draw but they will typically have access issues. Its hard to find a good LE unit without atleast 5 or 6 points. Im in the same place as you having 3 points and Im not sure where to use them yet but Im not planning on trying to use them for a couple more years. You can look at the preview maps on mytopo.com and get a good idea of how much public land is in an area. I use them alot when I start to research new areas.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    With 3 points you could draw G in the special draw. If you wanted to hunt deer and not use your points you could also draw R 2nd or 3rd choice in the special draw. H you could draw 2nd choice in the special draw but its not very likely. There are other regions you can draw 2nd choice in the regular draw but they will typically have access issues. Its hard to find a good LE unit without atleast 5 or 6 points. Im in the same place as you having 3 points and Im not sure where to use them yet but Im not planning on trying to use them for a couple more years. You can look at the preview maps on mytopo.com and get a good idea of how much public land is in an area. I use them alot when I start to research new areas.
    Hey Musket Man thanks for the tip on mytopo.com. That is a helpful sight.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sdebrot For This Useful Post:

Musket Man (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdebrot View Post
    Hey Musket Man thanks for the tip on mytopo.com. That is a helpful sight.
    Your welcome. I think Im going to have to buy some maps from them. I am starting to feel guilty about all the free info I get off their site.

Thanks
    Me too MM haha. I build the map I want then print the picture lol. Not nearly as good as a full size of course. But good for reference. I built one last night that would have cost $220 lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:

Musket Man (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Hey musket nan, thanks for the tips. I would have to agree with u on saving pts and trying for a non draw region. In a couple more yrs we should have way more options. Good tip on mytopo.com. Thanks for ur input!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rugerm77 For This Useful Post:

Musket Man (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Both Regions G and H are big country and about as tough as it comes. You'd better be in shape if you want to hunt in there...or have horses. If you are neither, you'll be looking at the deer through a spotting scope wishing you could get to them!