Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've done a lot of my own research for these regions/units but have never been to any of these regions/units myself. I wasn't asking for "hotspots", just some insight from somebody who's more familiar with them than me.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,112
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 280 Times in 212 Posts
    Congratulations
    21
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerm77 View Post
    I've done a lot of my own research for these regions/units but have never been to any of these regions/units myself. I wasn't asking for "hotspots", just some insight from somebody who's more familiar with them than me.
    ***You could have fooled me when you ask a question about whether the BigHorn Mountains units have any public land, LOL! Like I said before, go down and hunt the high country in Region H. It's got good bucks if you can find them and the country is beautiful! PS: Just don't let a grizzly or the wolves get ya!!!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 02-02-2014 at 06:04 PM.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info, just haven't considered the bighorns when I replied. I have heard similar info about region h tho, beautiful country but lots of wilderness!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,149
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 648 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    186
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    With 3 points you could draw G in the special draw. If you wanted to hunt deer and not use your points you could also draw R 2nd or 3rd choice in the special draw. H you could draw 2nd choice in the special draw but its not very likely. There are other regions you can draw 2nd choice in the regular draw but they will typically have access issues. Its hard to find a good LE unit without atleast 5 or 6 points. Im in the same place as you having 3 points and Im not sure where to use them yet but Im not planning on trying to use them for a couple more years. You can look at the preview maps on mytopo.com and get a good idea of how much public land is in an area. I use them alot when I start to research new areas.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    west michigan
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    With 3 points you could draw G in the special draw. If you wanted to hunt deer and not use your points you could also draw R 2nd or 3rd choice in the special draw. H you could draw 2nd choice in the special draw but its not very likely. There are other regions you can draw 2nd choice in the regular draw but they will typically have access issues. Its hard to find a good LE unit without atleast 5 or 6 points. Im in the same place as you having 3 points and Im not sure where to use them yet but Im not planning on trying to use them for a couple more years. You can look at the preview maps on mytopo.com and get a good idea of how much public land is in an area. I use them alot when I start to research new areas.
    Hey Musket Man thanks for the tip on mytopo.com. That is a helpful sight.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to sdebrot For This Useful Post:


  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,149
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 648 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    186
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdebrot View Post
    Hey Musket Man thanks for the tip on mytopo.com. That is a helpful sight.
    Your welcome. I think Im going to have to buy some maps from them. I am starting to feel guilty about all the free info I get off their site.

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 191 Times in 180 Posts
    Congratulations
    42
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Me too MM haha. I build the map I want then print the picture lol. Not nearly as good as a full size of course. But good for reference. I built one last night that would have cost $220 lol

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

    "Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post:


  10. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey musket nan, thanks for the tips. I would have to agree with u on saving pts and trying for a non draw region. In a couple more yrs we should have way more options. Good tip on mytopo.com. Thanks for ur input!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rugerm77 For This Useful Post:


  12. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    Both Regions G and H are big country and about as tough as it comes. You'd better be in shape if you want to hunt in there...or have horses. If you are neither, you'll be looking at the deer through a spotting scope wishing you could get to them!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Unit 33 Mulie Hunt
    By acook in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Dream mulie hunt
    By lostriverproductions in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
  3. Region H mulie hunt
    By Powerman777 in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
  4. 2013 Mulie Hunt...?
    By HuskyMusky in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
  5. NM GMU24 - First Western Mulie Hunt
    By dead river in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •