Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    1,718
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 271 Times in 186 Posts

    Wyoming NR Elk Apps Now Closed

    Hope you got your app in. The Wyoming non-resident elk applications are now closed.

    If you have no points and wanted advice on which unit to apply in to kill a 380 bull, you're gonna hafta wait until next year.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When will we know if we drew? I know I looked at the date once but can't remember.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    1,718
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 271 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBudd View Post
    When will we know if we drew? I know I looked at the date once but can't remember.
    Hi JBudd,

    The regs say the results will be available by February 28. The results have actually been posted on-line between Feb 18 and February 21 the past four years, so not too long to wait!
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    3,245
    Thanks
    563
    Thanked 367 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Hope you got your app in. The Wyoming non-resident elk applications are now closed.

    If you have no points and wanted advice on which unit to apply in to kill a 380 bull, you're gonna hafta wait until next year.
    If the same ppl still have no points next year and want to kill a 380 bull..................too bad for them! lol

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fingers crossed with max points but I know I'll at least be drawing a GEN tag! Good luck to all!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    burned my points last season, put in for a long shot and to gain a point this year. Ya cant draw if you dont try.........

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    1,718
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 271 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midwest_bow View Post
    Fingers crossed with max points but I know I'll at least be drawing a GEN tag! Good luck to all!
    Hope the very best for you MB. There has been a ton of publicity on the availability of general tags as a second choice. I had a super lead this year on a general season area, but it's just a bit too physical for my huntin' partner (my wife). Also, I can hunt a general season less than an hour from home.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,853
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 102 Times in 81 Posts
    Good luck to all that applied.

    Someone has to draw right umpquahunter?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Hope the very best for you MB. There has been a ton of publicity on the availability of general tags as a second choice. I had a super lead this year on a general season area, but it's just a bit too physical for my huntin' partner (my wife). Also, I can hunt a general season less than an hour from home.
    Thanks, Umpqua....I hope I didn't jinx myself!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    3,245
    Thanks
    563
    Thanked 367 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don K View Post
    Ya cant draw if you dont try.........
    Thats why I never draw an elk tag in Wyoming Im just buying points. Will prob put in the draw in a year or 2.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Don't forget NR Antelope apps due March 31
    By 480/277 in forum Antelope
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM
  2. Good luck on those apps
    By bern0134 in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM
  3. Elk Apps
    By ffd061 in forum Wyoming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:51 PM
  4. AZ 27 elk, areas closed until 2013!
    By DonV in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
  5. New Phone Apps
    By BigT in forum Other
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •