Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey B4U thanks. Do you have any photographic evidence of success in the region? I am not afraid to work. Only goin for a week or so every year warrants hardwork to be successful; both in research and in boot leather. I gotta give it all I got.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I do, but as you can see by my profile, I am quite computer illiterate. Had a lot of trouble bowhunting, but saw a lot of 3x and 4x during the rifle season last year. Biggest was a 4x5 just past the ears. I was looking for something a little better, but went home with tag soup.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    HaHa. I am relatively illiterate with the computer also. I just recently learned how to attach pics, sometimes. I recently had knee surgery so I have been on the couch now for 4 weeks, Its 4 weeks today. I am learning all kinds about the computer.
    Just outside the ears is more than adequate for me. Hear in California we hunted a premium zone for mule deer and the deer we shot were 24 inches from ear tip to ear tip. So I would definitely shoot a mature buck just outside the ears.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B4U View Post
    Biggest was a 4x5 just past the ears. I was looking for something a little better, but went home with tag soup.
    Wouldnt that be considered a pretty big buck for Y?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    YES it would

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also was considering region y and saving my pts. A couple yrs ago I hunted 21 antelope and was all over the unit. Although I wasn't looking for deer I didn't see many. I was there the last part of season so maybe that was it. So me the bottom part of region might not be enough to buy tag, I need to look at north and central.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im thinking about Y for a 2nd choice hunt too, partly because I want to scout for elk on part of it. The units in the bighorns look like they have public land and good access atleast. How was your antelope hunt in 21?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Im thinking about Y for a 2nd choice hunt too, partly because I want to scout for elk on part of it. The units in the bighorns look like they have public land and good access atleast. How was your antelope hunt in 21?
    I will be there this fall doing the same thing. The northern units do not have as many deer, but of course its big country. Only issues will be if they have an early snow like last fall.

Antelope 163 encompasses alot of the lower BLM units of deer 163 and 33. I had some doe tags for 21 and I never once seen antelope near deer, except for the private ranches.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info AT! Deer hunting would almost be secondary to scouting for elk if I go, but its nice to have some kind of tag in your pocket! That early snow last year was something else. I went to hunt antelope a few days after it on a ranch in 16 and it was mostly melted and all mud by then, which worked to my advantage because almost all of the roads were impassable and I was the only one hunting there that was willing to walk and I ended up getting a pretty nice antelope while everyone else sat in their trucks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Musket Man
    A friend on mine and I took our 12 yr old sons in 2012. New unit for me so it wasn't a cake walk for us. Everyone tagged out except for me. I put everything into getting everyone their goats...well when it was my time the snow came, driving was muddy and slick, and the boys had missed too much school so I said head home. Had a great time tho. It sounds like we might have some of the same ideas on hunts. Of course probably a bunch more too, ha. If you or anyone else needs help with 21 I'd be glad to help with what I got.
    at hiker
    Where'd you eat? That kaycee mom and pop restaurant? Dont remember name but it was pretty good, and busy.
    Jess

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk