Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chad the 900 tags cover districts all over the state, so there is a lot of opportunity, and some districts are faring better than others.

BM areas don't change too much year to year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Chad the 900 tags cover districts all over the state, so there is a lot of opportunity, and some districts are faring better than others.

BM areas don't change too much year to year.
    I kind of figured the BM book didn't change that much, I just wasn't sure of the regs and if the contracts aren't current if you could legally be on a BM parcel until the start date...

And, yea, the 900's are like almost half the state it seems. I know that a lot of winter kill was localized. I was thinking about going around Broadus... anyone know if things are recovering there? The other option would be way north and more central, or the 300 units.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hunted the 600s this year and did OK, but they are still recovering from that big winterkill. Last I heard the 700s were way down.

The 300s have never had huge numbers, but are holding steady over the last few years.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Question on 900 series antelope tags

The Broadus/Alzada area is fairing the best in Region 7 IMO. The numbers aren't what they were several years ago, but you should be able to find a good number of antelope and have an enjoyable hunt. My dad shot a 14" buck on a block management area near Alzada this year and I was pleasantly surprised with the antelope we saw, both quantity and quality wise. Looking forward to next fall.
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ceby7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah antelope numbers are down compared to 5 years ago. But with some milder winters and decent summers populations are up, but still not what they were. I drew a 900 series goat tag last year and chased around bucks for a couple weekends in august. I didn't fill one but had a blast until my rest broke. As far as landowners go I just called people who still had the BM boxes up and got verbal permission. Most of them didn't care at all. However that time of year is wheat harvest (around aug 15th) so I had a tough time getting a hold of people last minute. The antelope are there for sure but just plan on a day or two of scouting. There are still a few nice bucks running around but 95% are 3 year old or less. Very hard to find a mature buck. In summary- if you're looking for some fun on the plains with a chance of sticking a goat, go for it. If your lookiing for a PY buck, look else where.