Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    The area was designated as a "Walkin Area" by F & G, has nothing to do with BLM rules.
    That makes more sense now. Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was in 74 this year with my grandson,there were plenty of goats,lots of places to camp on BLM,hunted mostly west side,we had to be chained up on our truck every day,even main gravel road was bad in spots.I agree with what everyone said a quad would help but have hunted there 3 times and never needed one,always chaines.TopGun is correct 75 is bigger unit and lots of goats and BLM. Hope this helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yooper Bob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    DABAU
    Couple yrs ago my family went vacationing instead of hunting in wy but I picked up antelope doe tags for 74 and threw in gun and knife. Anyway I drove thru on our last day heading back home. She got hers on west side, and I got mine on east side of unit. Total of maybe couple hrs. This was late season, no other hunters, roads were good but wasn't wet. Seen a few nice bucks. Guess not much info for ya but a vote of confidence for 74

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Interestingly the new Eastman's MRS left Unit 74 rated as a "green" unit and downgraded the trophy quality to a "C".
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Lats year it was rated like that too. Even when it was still a blue chip unit it was a B for trophy potential.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Interestingly the new Eastman's MRS left Unit 74 rated as a "green" unit and downgraded the trophy quality to a "C".
    I noticed they downgraded the trophy quality to a "C" as well. Seeing as how this will be my first antelope hunt, I'm more interested in being able to see plenty antelope and having the chance of killing a good respectable antelope, in addition to not being overrun with other hunters. I don't have to kill an 80" antelope to be happy. Based on how hard it seems it is to judge antelope, I'm not so sure I can tell the difference between a 75" and 80" on my first trip anyways! lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Antelope are hard to judge, especially if you havent seen alot of them before. Once you get there and get a chance to look at some it will easier to tell which ones are bigger and what to look for. I would have any antelope you guys get scored to give you a reference for future hunts if nothing else. Many outdoor shows will score them free if you leave your horns or mount there for the show. Dont worry about the score just go have a good hunt and kill an antelope you are happy with, learn the area, and in a few years when you draw again you will know what to expect!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DABAU View Post
    I noticed they downgraded the trophy quality to a "C" as well. Seeing as how this will be my first antelope hunt, I'm more interested in being able to see plenty antelope and having the chance of killing a good respectable antelope, in addition to not being overrun with other hunters. I don't have to kill an 80" antelope to be happy. Based on how hard it seems it is to judge antelope, I'm not so sure I can tell the difference between a 75" and 80" on my first trip anyways! lol
    Yeppers…just go have fun. Most likely if you get a good looking mature buck it will be in the mid to low 70s. I've antelope hunted probably 70 to 80 days and been on over 20 kills and two of those were 80" class bucks. I've seen maybe half a dozen over 80" while hunting.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 02-05-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)