Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh thats just disgusting!! How for the life of me can someone do that?

The only place Ive ever heard of people doing something like this is Everest, and the only reason they do it, is because not only would the person be dead by the time you got them off that mountain, you would die trying. As they say when you get in trouble on Everest, you might as well be on the moon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    This world is getting more wicked by the day! It is hard to believe a hunter would do this. I thought we were one of the few ethical groups left out there!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    I can't even wrap my head around this. I'm a firm believer in fate. Never want to wish bad on anyone but these guys will pay one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Those two guys did not show much in the way of being a good neighbor to that injured hunter. How selfish and uncaring....... One has to wonder if the tables were turned, would the two folks that left the injured man want any help; and if they were in a bad car crash would they want any medical help from anyone passing by?

The story reminds me of the story in Luke 30-37 in the bible, "The Parable of the Good Samaritan" and what it's really all about in Luke 27.

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 27

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I think there are very very few people that wound refuse to help in a situation like that. You always hear about the 1 time like this but rarely hear about the other 1000 times the guys that found someone in that situation dropped everything without a second thought and got the injured guy out and drove him to the hospital. i have met alot of people in my travels and have been offered help alot of times when I really didnt need it. I have generally declined their help but there is no doubt in my mind all of them would have helped if I had asked them to. I ran into a guy in Idaho a couple years ago that offered to help me get my deer back to camp and taken care of when he still had his own tag in his pocket. I thanked him and told him to keep hunting and not worry about me, and he still went out of his way to stop by my camp after dark on his way out to see if there was anything I needed help with. On the same trip I blew a tire and some people stopped to see if I needed help. I would rather drive through Oregon on the parts of 395 where there is nothing and very few cars for over 100 miles then to be on 97 where there are lots of people because on 97 the cars will just keep going by and on 395 some old rancher will come by and help me in any way he he can!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is absolutely disgusting! I hope that if this is true that Karma pays those two idiots a visit.

I do agree with MM though, this is that one rare occasion that you hear about, versus the other millions of times people have stopped to help out others in need in the woods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to marcusvdk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I honestly cannot believe such a story.

KARMA?

on a side note a story like this emphasizes the importance of when alone/solo to have a cell phone? gps? satellite phone?
    as well, a simple small injury when solo can have devastating effects, ie a sprained ankle could mean death!

assuming this story IS True. these guys could have made some calls etc... even if they couldn't carry this man out.
    I would even think this would be a crime, so if true, I hope they can figure out who these men were.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    I honestly cannot believe such a story.

KARMA?

on a side note a story like this emphasizes the importance of when alone/solo to have a cell phone? gps? satellite phone?
    as well, a simple small injury when solo can have devastating effects, ie a sprained ankle could mean death!

assuming this story IS True. these guys could have made some calls etc... even if they couldn't carry this man out.
    I would even think this would be a crime, so if true, I hope they can figure out who these men were.
    I can believe it. There are alot of *&^###@@@@!*** people in this world. Its just very sad the only 2 people this poor guy ran into were that type. Cell phone, probabaly worthless in that country and if there was service the injured guy would have called someone long before this. Is it a crime? That would be hard to prove but "accidents" happen in the woods all the time! Im sure Guy wouldnt have posted this if he didnt believe it was a creditable story.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I think there are very very few people that wound refuse to help in a situation like that. You always hear about the 1 time like this but rarely hear about the other 1000 times the guys that found someone in that situation dropped everything without a second thought and got the injured guy out and drove him to the hospital. i have met alot of people in my travels and have been offered help alot of times when I really didnt need it. I have generally declined their help but there is no doubt in my mind all of them would have helped if I had asked them to. I ran into a guy in Idaho a couple years ago that offered to help me get my deer back to camp and taken care of when he still had his own tag in his pocket. I thanked him and told him to keep hunting and not worry about me, and he still went out of his way to stop by my camp after dark on his way out to see if there was anything I needed help with. On the same trip I blew a tire and some people stopped to see if I needed help. I would rather drive through Oregon on the parts of 395 where there is nothing and very few cars for over 100 miles then to be on 97 where there are lots of people because on 97 the cars will just keep going by and on 395 some old rancher will come by and help me in any way he he can!
    Hey, I drive 97 every day? But your right, everyone assumes someone else will help out on a busy hwy. I have stopped when people look like they are in need, but if they are on the phone, I just keep driving.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 4 Posts
    I have a hard time stopping to help someone on the highway now days with all the crazy stuff going on (people getting shot when you stop). But I always call the proper authorities so they can be helped. But someone on the trail is a different story, especially when you can see they are in need. Last day of the hunt or not someones life could depend on you helping them out. Sad to see that some of our own would do such a horrible thing.
    Shoot STR8