Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know it sounds difficult to believe, especially when we all know that we would help in any way we could, but I have had a similar experience. I twisted a knee in the San Juan's one day several miles from where I had parked on the trailhead. I knew I would have trouble going back the way I had came, so I thought I would circle around to a closer road and hope to get a ride. I hated to have to ask for help, but I was about 5 miles away and not sure what I had done to my knee. When I made it to the road, the first group to come by were some other out of state hunters like myself. They stopped to ask if I had seen any deer, and I told them about my predicament. They said sorry, but they needed to get their camp set up and drove on. To say that I was shocked would be a huge understatement. Luckily, I didn't have to limp very far before a local guy drove by, he stopped and asked if he could help me. He drove me around to my truck and even offered to drive me on into town. So I can say that while I still firmly believe that 99.9% of hunters are people you can rely on, there are a small minority that are just sorry.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is seriously screwed up, you would think that the basic "I hope somebody would do the same for me" would kick in.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm sure the injured guy lost all faith when it was said and done. I dont care who you are you help your fellow man. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't help. If I had to I would carry the guy out. It is truly a shame and disturbing to read something like this.
    Last edited by 25contender; 02-05-2014 at 07:53 AM.