Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming mule deer advice needed?

My buddy and I are sitting on 5 deer points for Wyoming and are trying to figure out where to hunt. Trying to decide between a few different areas that have high success rates with some decent trophy potential. Right now I'm looking at area 34, 37, 84 and 60 with the first two mentioned being the most likely. Would love any input anyone has on which hunt would be the best. Trophy potential is a consideration along with an overall fun hunt where a guy could hunt hard and see some bucks. Not looking to hunt private land where I have to pay a trespass fee. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdebrot View Post
    My buddy and I are sitting on 5 deer points for Wyoming and are trying to figure out where to hunt. Trying to decide between a few different areas that have high success rates with some decent trophy potential. Right now I'm looking at area 34, 37, 84 and 60 with the first two mentioned being the most likely. Would love any input anyone has on which hunt would be the best. Trophy potential is a consideration along with an overall fun hunt where a guy could hunt hard and see some bucks. Not looking to hunt private land where I have to pay a trespass fee. Thanks for any advice you might have.
    Your choices are going to be limited for a very long time with 3 less than max points. Realize trophy potential is down pretty much statewide in Wyoming.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    And so it continues...

Joined 2 years ago and this is your first post?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NDHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'd scratch 84! Good luck
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    And so it continues...

Maybe he's just shy?
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    And so it continues...

Yes you are quite observant it is my first post and I would expect a much better response than yours from a senior member. Hopefully not all members of this sight are as arrogant as you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 2 Posts
    On your first post after signing up 2 years ago, you are asking folks that have put in hours of research to tell you where the best hunt is then question why NDHunter is hesitant to give you any information. Did you expect senior members to give you which drainage, water hole, and the herd patterns as well?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its pretty funny how many different units I have found out to be good or bad throughout all the west without asking a single question. If I choose to hunt another state, I pretty much know where to go and for what hunts, just by reading threads all ready existing on this website. I find it hard to believe I am the only one capable of reading old posts...........but who knows.

Sorry...........rant over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    On your first post after signing up 2 years ago, you are asking folks that have put in hours of research to tell you where the best hunt is then question why NDHunter is hesitant to give you any information. Did you expect senior members to give you which drainage, water hole, and the herd patterns as well?
    Actually I have done lots of research along with many, many years of hunting Wyoming and many other states. My post was quite specific as to which areas I was looking at and I didn't ask for any specifics and never thought I would get any. Just looking for solid advice from someone with experience in these areas. Basically it's a good hunt or over rated. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by making this my first post. As of joining two years ago it was a shock to me when I went to register that I was already a member on this site. As the deadline for submitting applications is mid March I really don't want to lolly-gag on asking questions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sdebrot View Post
    Actually I have done lots of research along with many, many years of hunting Wyoming and many other states. My post was quite specific as to which areas I was looking at and I didn't ask for any specifics and never thought I would get any. Just looking for solid advice from someone with experience in these areas. Basically it's a good hunt or over rated. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by making this my first post. As of joining two years ago it was a shock to me when I went to register that I was already a member on this site. As the deadline for submitting applications is mid March I really don't want to lolly-gag on asking questions.
    Alright, like I said......rant over. Good luck this season, maybe someone will chime in to give you the answers you seek!