Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdebrot View Post
    Actually I have done lots of research along with many, many years of hunting Wyoming and many other states. My post was quite specific as to which areas I was looking at and I didn't ask for any specifics and never thought I would get any. Just looking for solid advice from someone with experience in these areas. Basically it's a good hunt or over rated. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by making this my first post. As of joining two years ago it was a shock to me when I went to register that I was already a member on this site. As the deadline for submitting applications is mid March I really don't want to lolly-gag on asking questions.
    What advise are you willing to share on the areas you have hunted? You joined the form 2 years ago and you have hunted WY many times, yet in 2 years you have not offered one word of advise to anyone. This is a great form because there are alot of very dedicated hunters on here helping eachother and sharing alot of good information but its a give and take situation and if you had actively participated at any level since you joined everyone here would be alot more receptive to helping you now. Every year we get a bunch of first time posters asking for info, we give them some good advise and most times never even get a thankyou or another post from them. I get PM's every year about areas I have hunted, I answer with the best info and advise I have and never hear another word. It gets very frustrating to say the least. If you truely want some good advise start a new thread, introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and your hunting experiences, actively participate on the form, and Im sure you will get alot better response to your questions.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    What advise are you willing to share on the areas you have hunted? You joined the form 2 years ago and you have hunted WY many times, yet in 2 years you have not offered one word of advise to anyone. This is a great form because there are alot of very dedicated hunters on here helping eachother and sharing alot of good information but its a give and take situation and if you had actively participated at any level since you joined everyone here would be alot more receptive to helping you now. Every year we get a bunch of first time posters asking for info, we give them some good advise and most times never even get a thankyou or another post from them. I get PM's every year about areas I have hunted, I answer with the best info and advise I have and never hear another word. It gets very frustrating to say the least. If you truely want some good advise start a new thread, introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and your hunting experiences, actively participate on the form, and Im sure you will get alot better response to your questions.
    Okay, obviously there is a right to passage on this sight. Sorry for stepping on toes. As far as no post in two years I think I clarified that one. I will take your advice and start another thread introducing myself. Thank you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sdebrot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sdebrot View Post
    As the deadline for submitting applications is mid March I really don't want to lolly-gag on asking questions.
    Just some fyi, the deadline will be mid-March like you said but you will also have about a 2 month period called the "modification period" to change your application. Basically you'll have until probably May or June 1 to change the units on your application if you change your mind on your original applied-for units.. It is kind of a nice option to have...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NDHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    Just some fyi, the deadline will be mid-March like you said but you will also have about a 2 month period called the "modification period" to change your application. Basically you'll have until probably May or June 1 to change the units on your application if you change your mind on your original applied-for units.. It is kind of a nice option to have...
    The ability to change your mind after submitting your application is something I didn't know. Thank you very much! That could be a very useful tool considering the possibility of weather messing up an area.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Rite of passage,haha. Its like a mafia thing on all forums. And the "don" hasn't been on the thread to rip ya yet!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I thought you were doing good to ask about several units potential well before the deadline. Wy weather can really jack up the deer hunting from year to year and this is suppose to be one of many ways to do your research. It's not like you got drawn and are then asking where to hunt in that unit. Good luck in the draw and if you ever need info in Az I will be happy to pass on any info

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bcdeer View Post
    I thought you were doing good to ask about several units potential well before the deadline. Wy weather can really jack up the deer hunting from year to year and this is suppose to be one of many ways to do your research. It's not like you got drawn and are then asking where to hunt in that unit. Good luck in the draw and if you ever need info in Az I will be happy to pass on any info
    I don't see anything wrong with what the guy is asking either. Tough crowd. Any of those areas could give you what you're after. 84 is mostly private. 60 is as well, but there's reasonably productive public land. The other two are probably the better of the lot. Flip a coin.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just got off the phone with a game warden for area 34 and his report was less then stellar. His suggestion was to keep building points due to the last few years of lousy weather. Which is pretty much what the advice in the MRS section of Eastman's magazine is suggesting. Just hate the thought of donating more money to Wyoming. All this point building in various states gets expensive after a while.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    I am building deer points in Wy and waiting to see what happens too. Seems alot harder to find good deer units you can draw with out alot of points then for anything else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sdebrot & Musket Man, how many points do you guys have?