Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My dad will have back surgery next month. He couldn't even walk to his deer stand the pain was so bad so he had to ride the 4-wheeler in everyday(which he hates doing). He refused to have anything done until hunting season was over. Glad to hear your recovery is going well so far. Huge plus that you are off the pains meds already. Good luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JEandAsGuide For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 10 Posts
    Well I feel good today and made a trip to work where I sit now. Its just a day by day thing. I will be ready for Elk season. I just cant stand laying around the house. I am being good about following the Docs orders even though I might not want too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Good to hear you are getting back to a relatively normal routine again. Did I miss it?, what kind of surgery? I had meniscus surgery on 1/9/14. Crutches for 6 weeks! Today is week four. The physical therapy has helped but the boredom is brutal. I cant wait to be at your level of recovery. Good luck.
    I hear you on the boredom I cant stand it either. I hope you do well with your recovery.
    I had some internal surgery done as a result from a Colonoscopy I had a few years ago. It was nothing life threatening but will allow for a better quality of life. It was either live with the on and off pain I had for the rest of my life or bite the bullet and live with the pain from the operation for 3-6 weeks. I am just stubborn and couldn't seem to find the time to have the procedure done. I am glad I did it now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Good luck on your recovery, I'm sure it will be worth it. Just take it easy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mnhoundman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck on your recovery.

Be aware that you can overdo at-home rehab and set yourself back. My buddy had shoulder surgery and thought more was better as far as his rehab exercises at home. It set him back 3 months.

On the other hand, I had my knee replaced a few years ago, way earlier than most people because when I was in high school a doctor thought it was a good idea to remove all the cartilage from the outside of my knee and ruined it. When I got the knee replaced I worked my arse off and several years later I can hike as much as I want and basically do whatever I want other than run a long way or jump off something. It's great when something gets fixed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hoshour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the heads up. One thing I don't want to do is go through this again. I'm in no rush this is one reason I had it done this time of year. I am normally coyote hunting in February but the 223 will stay in the safe for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Good luck on your recovery.

Be aware that you can overdo at-home rehab and set yourself back. My buddy had shoulder surgery and thought more was better as far as his rehab exercises at home. I t set him back 3 months.

On the other hand, I had my knee replaced a few years ago, way earlier than most people because when I was in high school a doctor thought it was a good idea to remove all the cartilage from the outside of my knee and ruined it. When I got the knee replaced I worked my arse off and several years later I can hike as much as I want and basically do whatever I want other than run a long way or jump off something. It's great when something gets fixed.
    Last edited by 25contender; 02-06-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well working on my third week post op. This week things are really starting to come back together. It has taken me almost till yesterday to get my digestive system back to normal. The pain is pretty much gone and my appetite is about back to normal. Cant wait till the 26th to get the a-ok from the surgeon to start backpacking and working out again.
    Last edited by 25contender; 02-19-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 5 Posts
    Glad to hear things are going well 25

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Alright received the big ok from the surgeon Wednesday. Really feeling about 80% right now. Also got the go ahead to start working out again starting next week.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 4 Posts
    Congrats! But take it slow. I remember when the doc told me I could use my arm again after my rotator cuff surgery. I over did it the first day and my shoulder hurt like crazy for the next 3 or 4 days.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Work2hunt For This Useful Post: