Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyhunter View Post
    If a hunter pays the preference point fee in the draw application AND is successful in the draw what happens to the $40 for the point?
    They wouldn't have a point for next year? Would that point fee be refunded?
    Seems like you should wait to buy the preference point in summer IF you think you'll draw?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good question and I should know the answer. I did draw 2 years ago when I wasnt expecting to but I cant remember how it worked out. I think I was so shocked that I had just drawn an antelope tag in the random draw to really think about it! lol I think I got a refund for the point I had paid for but I cant say for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Also....what if I apply for the special draw and do not draw my LE unit. Is my 2nd choice boosted by my special draw tag as well? I know PPs don't count on the 2nd choice.

And if you don't draw by buying the special tag, do you get refunded the difference in price?
    Hi Cobb…there is no "boosting" when applying in the special draw. It is merely that fewer people apply due to the higher cost and therefore there is usually a better chance to draw. That is not always true. If you apply in the "special" drawn and draw a second choice, you pay the special fee.

Where this gets a bit tricky is if your second choice is a tag, say like a general deer area, and there are often leftover tags, a guy can get stuck paying the "special" license fee when he didn't have to. Some guys not thinking this through can ever end up paying the special tag fee for a tag they could have bought later as a leftover tag.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Also....what if I apply for the special draw and do not draw my LE unit. Is my 2nd choice boosted by my special draw tag as well? I know PPs don't count on the 2nd choice.

And if you don't draw by buying the special tag, do you get refunded the difference in price?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Generally you will have a better chance of drawing 2nd choice in the special draw and there are tags you can draw 2nd choice in the special draw that you might not be able to draw first choice in the regular draw with none or not many points but if you draw 2nd or 3rd choice in the special draw you will have to pay the special tag price.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's exactly what I was thinking. And boosting was for lack of a better term haha. But I really thought that you could screw the pooch and draw a general tag and have to pay the special price. Thanks for confirming that for me.

But the 2nd choice goes in a special draw as well right?

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Gotcha MM, thanks a ton!

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    All you guys/gals are awesome, even top gun.....I don't care what Teddy Bear says

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yep, once you pay the high price you dont get any refund other than the PP money you paid up front with the application if you draw your first choice. The refund check is usually sent about a month or so after the drawing is completed and posted online. The following year you then start over with no PPs and can buy one in the application period or during the summer from 7/1-9/30 that is then good for the following year's draw. Thanks Cobbhunts, as you made my day with that comment and I dont pay much attention to what he says anyway, LOL!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    All in good fun TG. Thanks for the help all......

- Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker