Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    LOL. I have no idea but its probably just a way to get more money out of us one way or another. When i saw this thread i decided it was time to study the new regs. Maybe they were just having trouble selling NR fishing licenses lol

Thanks
    NR cow is going to cost another $100 as well!!!! What a racket!!!! No Wildlife Management, only Money management! $ 450 for a cow!!! I Would laugh, but it is not funny!!!

Thanks
    Ouch! I think that just made up my mind on the cow tag I was thinking about applying for and scouting in the deer unit I probably wont draw this year. Are other tags going up too?

Thanks
    Yup.... $361 for deer and pronghorn. $601 for bull elk.

Thanks
    I guess $354 to $361 isnt to bad but it keeps going up. First time I went to CO was the last year an OTC elk tag was $240. Now a deer tag is alot more then that.

Thanks
    Can't wait to abandon Colorado point game. You residents may want to get out to...and I'm not talking about the point game. With all the gun laws and marijuana laws changing for the liberals that state is going to "IMPLODE". The parks and wildlife may need this extra money for healthcare and education after the "pothead" school teachers start educating your kids to grow up like them. That state will be like some others before we know it. I used to want to live there. Had a chance recently but turned it down. Pi$$ on Colorado. Shoot my bank holds my refund checks because they are worried they may be bad. Used to be a great state. Feel sorry for you guys that are getting "fleeced" in ways other than hunting and fishing fees. Might want to move north.

Thanks
    I have been out of town working and expected the CO hunt brochere to be here when I got home, it was not. I have not seen the new regs but can you get around the point buying issue by just putting in for the hardest unit to draw as your first choice? This would mean that your probably not going to draw it and you would get your money back. And yes Matthoek21, Colorado is changing and the pot laws are a joke but I am not willing to give up on this state yet, especially during the fall. I am glad I burned my elk points last year. This is only the beginning of the "fleecing". Too many people with two many points and the cpw knows it and will have to yank the rug on these people eventually.

Thanks
    Calm down guys....when I go to Wyoming as a NR the elk tag is higher than a NR Colorado NR elk tag. NO STATE gives a NR hunter a break! Hell when I hunted California last year for deer the NR tag & license was around $500.00. I have never been in favor of points, just another way of making $$$, I'd rather take my chances in a regular lottery style draw. I've been big game hunting since 1953 and don't remember when I didn't get to hunt something somewhere.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    I would like to agree but it's not about "yanking the rug". To me it will hurt you worse in the long run. Everybody you listen to seems to want to burn their points and get out. Their problem(cpw) I'm sure is their inability like all govt agencies to manage a budget. You know, live like me and you live. They say piss on it, tax the hunters to cover more spending. It's just a joke. Just like all govt. It's almost too big for people to boycott anymore which sux. Cause if we could make them hurt I guarantee this stuff would stop. And after saying all that I know I'm coming this year. Guess I'm just a hypocrite. Sorry for the early morning rant. Leaving now to coach youth basketball. There...I'm better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    I have been out of town working and expected the CO hunt brochere to be here when I got home, it was not. I have not seen the new regs but can you get around the point buying issue by just putting in for the hardest unit to draw as your first choice? This would mean that your probably not going to draw it and you would get your money back. And yes Matthoek21, Colorado is changing and the pot laws are a joke but I am not willing to give up on this state yet, especially during the fall. I am glad I burned my elk points last year. This is only the beginning of the "fleecing". Too many people with two many points and the cpw knows it and will have to yank the rug on these people eventually.
    I called the cdow yesterday to ask about regulations, they said there not going to be out for another week or two!