Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    What better point system than an actual true point system. It's not like people don't know where they stand with the amt of points they have going into a draw.
    The problem here is so many people have ghost points! Points that are never applied to a specific code or GMU. This makes it impossible to be sure you will draw, even when you see no one ahead of you!!! Bam, someone or someone's just put in with more points then you have that have been just applying with the PPP-PP codes for 15-20 years and then throw in !!

Thanks
    You aren't going to have a whole quota's worth of them drop on the same unit. Those are usually the outliers that knock out the lower percentage folks hoping to draw with fewer pts.

Thanks
    No matter what they do if there arent either less applicants or more tags its not going to change things much.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

adamwipp (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Lots of discussion going on here, and rightfully so, but not much has been mentioned about the cow elk tags going up a hundred-bucks! This hits me dang hard since I put in for a priority point and apply for a cow second choice to hunt Colorado. I got a 6X6 out of unit 76 back in 2000 and have no need for another... I hunt for the good eatin' of a cow. But $454 is a bunch of coin 'specially when it was $354 last year. At 67-years of age maybe I'll cash in my 9-points ona bull elk next year and 10-points ona muley buck the year after and maybe sail off into the sunset after that. Colorado really is cranking up any number of ways to "generate" income $40 priority point fee, Habitat fee even if you don't draw and don't visit CO that year, Ranching For Wildlife for residents only (!)...but,hey, I get to fish now even if I weren't figuring on it! Wyoming has always beckoned to me and maybe their fee schedules are somewhat different their seasons are generally about two-weeks in length and for someone like me who drives so far at least a 14-day hunt makes it more the worth while than Colorado's 5,7 or 10 day hunts. Who knows.
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. M.T.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Ranching For Wildlife for residents only
    As far as I know, RFW has always been residents only. If it were to include NRs then the state could generate more $$$.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Now there's a way to get the NRs to dump some points!

Thanks
    NR's used to be eligible for RFW permits. NR's were disallowed several years ago. I know in the early 2000's NR's were eligible.

Thanks
    I'm burning my deer points this year. Maybe in a few years I will get to burn my elk points. I like the 5 year rule someone mentioned before...I think the only people who love the point system are people with max points...

Thanks
    A pretty simply way to generate income and/or get the point creep to slow down or stop would be to charge the same amount of money for Res and NR tags for the trophy units. If the Res didn't want to pay the price I'm sure the NR would buy the tags. Do this for 5 years and see how she flys.

It would generate alot of income. I will guarantee every tag would be sold.