Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

target recommendation

Im looking for a recommendation on a good quality field point target. I now have a couple Yellow Jacket targets I shoot my Broadheads into, but arrow removal is verry difficult. Are there any out there that have easy arrow removal? I will use the new target only for field points. Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations

target recommendation

I use a Cabelas outfitter bag target for field points, it is cheap, light, and arrows come out like butter. I have also used a Hurricane brand bag target which was the same. I made the switch for fieldpoints for the same reason you are, they are such a pain to get out of a broad head target.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Get a big bag target. Put a roof over it if possible. Replace every few years, or just replace the cover.

I think mine is the speed bag? It's the same one my buddy uses on his public range and they hold up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paradox Packs
    Ultralight Hunting Backpacks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been shooting into a rhinehart and a block. If I dont use an arrow lube they are a bitc# to get out. I use Woody's arrow lube and I don't have much more of a pull then when I shoot Into a bag target.
    Last edited by Work2hunt; 03-11-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For field points get any brand of bag target and it will work great. I had a cheap yellow jacket bag target for 3 years before replacing it. I have a broadhead target that I only shoot with BHs and a bag target for field points. Both have lasted 3 years, but the bh target will be replaced after this year.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had a hurricane bag, and it worked great, until I started shooting Victory VAPs. I had to switch to a spiderweb target to keep my fletchings from ripping off in the bag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Rhinehart block. Can't remember what it's called. Not the 18-1 but the other one with 6 sides, which 2 have deer anatomy sides. Love it!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bought a Hurricane at the local sport shop. Works great. No more fighting to get arrows out of the target.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    I'll be the first cheap a$$... Fill a gunny sack up with old clothing/rags. Make sure there are no buttons or zippers on any clothing. Stuff the bag full but not super tight. Tie it off and paint a target on the side or attach a target. It stops all my arrows great and arrows are very easy to remove. I shoot a modern bow at over 300fps so I believe this will work on any setup. Another way to make a cheap target is to layer scrap Styrofoam and then cover it in duck tape. I got the sheets for free from a truck driver that used 4x8 sheets of it in his reefer. Every load they have to throw it away so they start clean each trip. These targets are great for long range due to their size. Again, arrow removal is super easy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    How much do you shoot? I shoot 3-5 days a week from June thru September. Two years ago I bought the Morrells Range Target (it's a bag target) and hung it. I have left it out all summer for two years and I will probably get 1-2 more on the cover. The bag has stopped all arrows. It wasn't cheap, is heavy, but you can purchase replacement covers for it. I like you used to shoot FPs into a broadhead target and would wear them out quickly. The range target has been perfect and I probably shoot more because I'm not worried about wearing it out.