Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clacklin009 View Post
    I've seen a couple treads that are sticky notes but I don't know the benefit of the sticky. Does it make the tread easier to find? are all sticks on their own page? Thanks.
    If you look at the ELK section the top few threads I've made "sticky" this keeps the sticks threads at the top of the section. I do this when I want guys that go to each section to see them first. They will stay at the top of each section until I unstick them.

Like the contest threads that are going on rite now.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    I like the idea UH. You actually busted me with my first post here on this forum. Yes, I even included "not looking for your honey hole". This was the first forum I had joined, but it never really crossed my mind people would join just to have one question answered then never come back. I know it would have been helpful for me to see something about new posters and introducing myself. I've sure enjoyed this forum and I know a lot of other people will too. Getting started on the right foot sure helps though!
    Didn't bust ya too bad, welcomed you and just asked you to introduce yourself

"Hi Travis, nice to have you. Maybe you could share a bit about yourself.

Have you thought about eastern Montana, or applying for a general season in Wyoming (due March 15) or and easy to draw unit in Colorado (due early April). You would be driving through a lot of good muley country to get to Utah."
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I have been thinking something similar to hardstalk. If there where some guidelines/suggestions/forum etiquette for new members to read when they join it would be helpful to them. I think most just dont know any better or that they should introduce themselves, especially if they have never been a member of a forum before. I had no idea when I first joined here. This forum (any hunting form) is different then most other forums because alot of the info requested here can be fairly sensitive.
    Last edited by Musket Man; 02-09-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was guilty on not introducing myself on my first post here on the forum. It was all new to me, all this fourm stuff. I just added my feedback on a thread as I recall. I did add shortly later on a thread that was all about telling a bit about each of us.

I do like the guideline Trent started in post #1 one on this thread. If folks saw something like that in the beginning, it could avoid any misunderstandings and or expectations. I want people to feel comfortable here and in sharing in on conversations with us with dignity and respect by all. I've read more than one post from folks noting they were kind of hesitant to chime in and that saddened me. Not only for them but what they might have been able to provide to us all had they felt this was a safe place to be to both share and receive information.

Just my thoughts...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 2 Posts
    I didn't introduce myself either...btw, I'm packmule guys. Better late than never I suppose.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    This was the first forum I ever joined, I never introduced myself either,
    Hello, my name is Steve. I love to hunt Antelope, Mule Deer and Elk in my home state of Wyoming.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I didn't introduce myself either on this forum. I'm guilty of asking a question on my first post as well and I do see why that's rude after being involved for awhile. I try to help out when I can add to the topic.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    It bothers me when new members put almost no info on their profile. Its nice to atleast know where they are from and not putting any info makes me think they dont plan on sticking around very long. I dont mind if they dont formally introduce themselves aslong as they involve themselves in some threads and ask about gear or something and their first post isnt 'I been lurking around here a while and Im not looking for your honey hole but where should I apply with 3 points'. I have found it best to give them some very general answers at first, ask them questions, and try to get them talking and get to know a little about them. My first post was asking for info on a tag I had unexpectedly drawn, I had never been on a form before and I really didnt know any better at them time. I also had very limited internet access at the time so it was very difficult for me to actively participate at the time. Luckily no one threw any really big rocks at me

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Wonder how many just come through to swipe metadata from photos uploaded with Tapatalk.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 6 Posts
    I would be suspicious when there isn't much info. Not always but most of the time they are one hit wonders
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.