Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ordered my son a bow today

Well took the boys into shoot today at the local pro-shop near my house. Ordered them an infinite edge package to get them started....guess we are gonna have to go shooting next weekend too! oops sorry mom! Lol she was there today so it was all ok.

Today was very exciting seeing each one taking right to the sport. I taught them the four F's.

1) Feet
    2) Finger ( pointer finger up to guard the arrow )
    3) Face ( finger to the face or technically the corner of the mouth )
    4) Fire

Each one has that saying memorized after two weekends on the range. Next week I will add breathing and grip for them to focus on! We have been shooting instinctive style on the rental genesis bows and its a great platform to introduce them.
    With the new bow coming we should start to see a much improved form and shot placement! Its fun being the coach finally!
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Awesome. I have been looking at the Infinite Edge, too. I had my 5 yr old try it out but think it is still a little too big. She keeps telling me she wants to shoot so I think I might get something like the Atomic. Little lighter and smaller.

Let us know how the coaching goes. I'm a little nervous when it comes to my daughters. I don't want to scare them off!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I agree keep us updated. My kid wants a new bow. I told her she has to hit the bullseye consistently and shoot a rabbit first before I drop the cash for a real bow.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was introduced at age six. It was the most exciting thing to get to go do with Dad. He didnt hunt, so neiher did I. By the end of the first year, I took first or second place pretty regularly in my age bracket at meets. It was all instictive shooting, not sights and extras.

I feel bad having taken so long to start them. I just found a guy local selling one on CL too and its a lefty! So I managed to get each one of them their own....its more fun having done this with my tax return than buying myself a toy! I can't wait to share their excitement of going with dad to shoot, it brings back my own memories....
    ready with bow in hand and coat on at the door, as dad took FOREVER!!!! to get ready to go.... Lol.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    I was introduced at age six. It was the most exciting thing to get to go do with Dad. He didnt hunt, so neiher did I. By the end of the first year, I took first or second place pretty regularly in my age bracket at meets. It was all instictive shooting, not sights and extras.

I feel bad having taken so long to start them. I just found a guy local selling one on CL too and its a lefty! So I managed to get each one of them their own....its more fun having done this with my tax return than buying myself a toy! I can't wait to share their excitement of going with dad to shoot, it brings back my own memories....
    ready with bow in hand and coat on at the door, as dad took FOREVER!!!! to get ready to go.... Lol.
    Lefty bows are a nightmare to find for little kids. I don't know how old your boys are, or how big, but I've got an old High Country VMax, that you're welcome to have, it has about a 24-26 inch draw or so, and maxes out at maybe 45 pounds. It would make a decent intermediate bow for a kid, until he's ready to step into an adult model.

If you want it, it's yours.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Whoa, I just looked up the Infinite Edge.. Sweet setup! looks like they are probably good to go for a while.

Have fun! Shooting bows with my dad was always one of my favorite things to do when I was younger.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wow thanks Fink that is an amazing offer. Your right, the infinite edge takes care of them just about forever in my pocket book. By the time they hit teen age working years they can get their own and this one will take them that far for sure.

I bet if you were to talk to a local shop about any youth they know of...you could really bless a parent out there with that offer!
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I recently split an Infinite Edge with my boy also. He loves shooting it. I'm thinkin like you, by the time he's done with this bow he can buy his own!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    Wow thanks Fink that is an amazing offer. Your right, the infinite edge takes care of them just about forever in my pocket book. By the time they hit teen age working years they can get their own and this one will take them that far for sure.

I bet if you were to talk to a local shop about any youth they know of...you could really bless a parent out there with that offer!
    No problem. Looking back, it must have been a real bummer for my dad to buy my brother and I new bows every 2 years, when we outgrew our old ones. If I could help anyone avoid that, I would.
    I didn't realize they've made new boys so flexible for kids, that's a great deal.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Awesome...my son is only 4 months old and I already catch myself day dreaming about getting him his first bow. Have a great time.