Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The bottom line is if you want to hunt, you have to apply. That is the reality today. Maybe you can draw a random tag or maybe you will eventually draw on points. If you don't apply, you can't draw. Idaho has pretty good odds because they make you choose one species. Don't make the mistake of thinking you haven't got a chance, so why spend the money. There is always a chance, and part of the fun is being in the game. A lot of the people ahead of you will draw, quit or die. You don't have to wait until they all draw to get a chance. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Tomcat has the right idea no chance of drawing if you don't apply its just a question of how. Another strategy is to apply in several States. This may not be an option for residents if you have your heart set on harvesting a moose in your home state. I like the draw quit or die quote that could apply to a lot of things!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I know some of you guys are set on a WY moose and I would love to get a shiras in the US. I was just curious if there are any pure shiras moose in Canada (BC or AB) or are they shiras/Canada moose hybrids?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    I apply in other states too so I obviously look forward to drawing those tags. But, my goal has always been to get a good moose/sheep in my home state. Other stuff in different states would just be a bonus. The more the merrier, right?
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No elk tag for me so here goes for moose

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    I know some of you guys are set on a WY moose and I would love to get a shiras in the US. I was just curious if there are any pure shiras moose in Canada (BC or AB) or are they shiras/Canada moose hybrids?
    Couple years ago in SW Alberta I saw a huge shiras while hunting in the foothills. Next year he was killed and ranks in the top 5 in SCI.
    12 points going into WY this year so my application went in today. Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 75 Times in 8 Posts
    I am a non-resident and I am planning a cow moose hunt in Wyoming to cure the itch and then a bull hunt in Canada later in life if I still feel the need for the bull. You can get a cow tag with just a few points in some areas. Its an expensive cow tag but I am guessing that is what keeps the permit accessible with just a couple of points.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just got in the game for moose in Wyoming. I only have 2 points. I'd like folks advice, would you continue buying points or not?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by arwaterfowler View Post
    I just got in the game for moose in Wyoming. I only have 2 points. I'd like folks advice, would you continue buying points or not?
    arwaterfowler, how old are you?? You've got about 16 years to wait, either that or you get extremely lucky and get a tag in the Random drawing. Are you willing to invest that kind of money in points?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    arwaterfowler, how old are you?? You've got about 16 years to wait, either that or you get extremely lucky and get a tag in the Random drawing. Are you willing to invest that kind of money in points?
    If you wait another 16 years your into it for $1350 in points. Then add on the $1400 tag which equals $2750. That's IF you draw and IF they don't raise tag fees, pref point fees, or both between now and then. I'm not sure what a Canadian moose hunt costs but that might be a less frustrating route... For the record, I dumped both sheep and moose points the last time they raised the pref point fee and I had more points than your sitting on. All depends on your perspective I suppose.