Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I think it would be pretty hard to have a bad antelope hunt in any unit that takes 6-7 points to draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I think it would be pretty hard to have a bad antelope hunt in any unit that takes 6-7 points to draw.
    ***It's actually pretty hard to have a bad hunt in a 3-4PP unit if you know what you're doing MM!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think most units that take any points at all would be decent. The unit I hunt when I draw it takes around 3. The OP has 7 points so I figured he would be looking at units that took 6-7 points last year, or thats what I would be looking for if I had 7 points anyways. lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***It's actually pretty hard to have a bad hunt in a 3-4PP unit if you know what you're doing MM!!!
    I am thinking more along those lines myself. Originally my wife was going to build points until she could hunt one of those "premo" units. She will have 3 after this year but the more I think about it i believe she just might draw a tag in a good access, low pressure unit. If she kills a mid 70's antelope then she will be tickled to death and probably never antelope hunt again, and I think this can be done in those 3-4 point units.

I personally seen a few good antelope around Cody 2 years ago, prob pushing 80". A buddy of mine went last fall and had a very hard time finding anything much over 70", either he cant see very well or the quality dropped.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think horn growth has been below average with the drought. Hopefully this year is better. There are some very good hunts you can draw with 3-4 points.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I think horn growth has been below average with the drought. Hopefully this year is better. There are some very good hunts you can draw with 3-4 points.

***That's exactly why I made the proposition to the OP. It not only helps him get a good one, but also allows me to get a tag that I can't draw for several years. If he comes back and reads this, I'd even pony up $100 to cover the PPs he would be giving me to do the hunt. It doesn't get much better than that. After 20 years of hunting a unit I know what it will produce and where to look for them. I don't bet, but if I did I would bet him that I could get him on at least one 80" buck in less than a week where I hunt. I've had 3 tags over the last ten years there and all three bucks scored at least 75" and were taken in less than 4 days of hunting. That's just ones I've taken and several my buddy has shot have been comparable even though he doesn't care how big a buck is as long as he can shoot one within a few days so he can concentrate on elk and deer.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 02-16-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We saw over 200 animals a day just east of Riverton. Lots of nice animals and tons of public access. We had 5 points.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Browntailguy View Post
    We saw over 200 animals a day just east of Riverton. Lots of nice animals and tons of public access. We had 5 points.
    ***The units east of Shoshoni and Riverton are good ones for anyone with a few PPs looking for a good hunt and plenty of room to roam!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hope antelope recover some in the next couple years. My unit has gotten harder to draw with the tag cuts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0534.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	8249

I used all my points 2 years ago in unit 64. I hoped for the same things you mentioned, 70-80' and good access. 64 is the perfect unit for that. I hunted for 4 days and looked over nearly 300 bucks, mostly average, none over 80 (one was close). Pressure was non existent and the country was beautiful. I would be happy to offer further info