Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***I hadn't heard about that and if it's as you say it can't be good for any of the animals in that area.
    They haven't been drilling in earnest yet. But it's coming, so I've heard from friends in the oil patch.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    I took my wife and son last year in the Laramie valley. We all got tags with zero preference points. We hunted walk in areas, BLM, and HMAs. All three of us shot bucks on opening day (in the snow for a change). two bucks were high 60s and mine was mid 70s. We were out just for fun and not really trophy hunting as it was their first hunt out west. If we had held out, I know we all would have shot mid 70s bucks. Save your points for area 55/60/ or 61. Call the Laramie office game and fish and they will point you in the right direction where to hunt. It's seriously pretty easy and a guaranteed draw with zero points. Like others have mentioned, apply 1st choice for the red desert and second choice where I am talking about.

Of course in your shoes, I would take the guy's offer above. You can't beat a free guide!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MWScott72 View Post
    If all you want is a "70-80s" buck then you just need to get out and hunt! Any blue chip and many greens will easily get you in the mid-70s range without too much effort. To get something in the 80s you'll need to put in more time and maybe get alittle lucky. Get on the G&F's website and see which of the blues and greens you can pull with 7 points (which will be just about all of them), pick one, and then get out and hunt. No sense continuing to build points. Shoot, if you just like having a pile of points, put in for 60 or 61 and then an easy to draw 2nd choice. You'll keep your points if you draw the 2nd choice tag, and can probably still kill a 70s buck to boot.
    I agree completely