Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Another new guy

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cool Another new guy

    I just wanted to step out of the darkness and into the light and introduce myself. I like to hunt, fly fish, reloading and shooting. I recently took up archery and have took my first OTC Mulie this year in NM. I apply for several state draws and normally just get PP.
    I can't say that any more as I was successful on the draw for San Carlos Indian Rez Sept 1-15 Malay Gap elk hunt. I enjoy and find all the info I've been reading very helpful Thanks!
    If anyone has hunted the Rez I could use any experience you might want to share.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sasakwa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    761
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 115 Times in 97 Posts
    Congratulations
    8
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Welcome to the EF!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!



    NRA Life Member

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Welcome to EF! Is your 264 in an old model 70?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MM, yes build date was 50 years ago this year, 1964, I've had it since 1984

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    2,318
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 498 Times in 312 Posts
    Congratulations
    49
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by win264 View Post
    I just wanted to step out of the darkness and into the light and introduce myself. I like to hunt, fly fish, reloading and shooting. I recently took up archery and have took my first OTC Mulie this year in NM. I apply for several state draws and normally just get PP.
    I can't say that any more as I was successful on the draw for San Carlos Indian Rez Sept 1-15 Malay Gap elk hunt. I enjoy and find all the info I've been reading very helpful Thanks!
    If anyone has hunted the Rez I could use any experience you might want to share.
    Welcome win264. How in heck did you get one of the best elk tags in the world?!?!? Wow.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by win264 View Post
    MM, yes build date was 50 years ago this year, 1964, I've had it since 1984
    Does it have the pre or post 64 action?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    UH it's not the trophy unit.......but it should be a good tag, last year the tags were 1st come, 1st serve this year it was a draw so I applied, no outfitter req'd, 5 tags total for non tribal members.......I'm pretty happy!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MM it's a pre 64 it has the claw extractor and action

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's retired now, I built a later Mod 70 300 win mag that I use now

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,158
    Thanks
    1,256
    Thanked 649 Times in 560 Posts
    Congratulations
    187
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by win264 View Post
    MM it's a pre 64 it has the claw extractor and action
    Awesome!!!!! That is my favorite action in the world! My main gun is a model 70 270 made in 1955!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •