Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idaho Unit 39?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When you cant see snow on Bogus, but not sooner, take a weekend or better mid week few days, and head up to one of two places and camp, hike and get to know a few trails.
    1) Deadwood resevour. ( take all water you need ) its very remote but easy to drive to from Cascade, more difficult from the banks Lowman Hwy. but to me so much more scenic! (4x4) recomended. They have state camp grounds at the lake that are very nice once your there for tents, campers etc. sawtooth zone for elk. Lots of forest roads for quads bikes etc.

2) McCall area. Anyplace from brundage to burgdorf. Tons of camping, tones of forest, and pockets of animals hidden through out. McCall Zone for elk.

Both OTC, no points needed. Will have to work hard to locate elk, but worth it when you do.
    39 has animals...but you are why you didn't get one....

you and everyone else in Boise goes there due to how close it is, so the animals are SUPER skiddish. Its huntable, but so not worth the time, and terrain is mostly verticle.( and lots of hunters)
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i dont know that area but your not to far from some decent areas to do some scouting in.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    When you cant see snow on Bogus, but not sooner, take a weekend or better mid week few days, and head up to one of two places and camp, hike and get to know a few trails.
    1) Deadwood resevour. ( take all water you need ) its very remote but easy to drive to from Cascade, more difficult from the banks Lowman Hwy. but to me so much more scenic! (4x4) recomended. They have state camp grounds at the lake that are very nice once your there for tents, campers etc. sawtooth zone for elk. Lots of forest roads for quads bikes etc.

2) McCall area. Anyplace from brundage to burgdorf. Tons of camping, tones of forest, and pockets of animals hidden through out. McCall Zone for elk.

Both OTC, no points needed. Will have to work hard to locate elk, but worth it when you do.
    39 has animals...but you are why you didn't get one....

you and everyone else in Boise goes there due to how close it is, so the animals are SUPER skiddish. Its huntable, but so not worth the time, and terrain is mostly verticle.( and lots of hunters)
    Excellent! Thank you very much! I will check it out for sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk