Thanks

Montana unit 448 DIY

Looking to backpack in with a few friends for a DIY archery hunt. Talked to the regional Biologist and he gave me a few ideas
    .... ok a ton of different ideas. I now am sitting here looking at my notes and I literally have 20 different spots to choose from. Would like to get off the beaten path, but it looks like the whole area is 4x4 accessible which concerns me.

Anyone with past experience with this area, it would be grest to chew your ear on some of the options that are out there. Have a cousin who's husband is stationed in Great Falls so he was going to try and give me a bit of dirrection but he isnt a seasoned elk hunter by any means. They are gonna do quite a bit of hiking this summer so l hope that will help, but any info would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Never hunted the area but if there is a lot of road access just expect to see lots of other hunters. Just because there is other hunters. Don't worry about other hunters though if you are going to be hunting public land that comes with the territory and not much you can do to avoid it. Just come in shape and ready to go the extra mile or two and you should be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk