Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts

"Old" Members Introduction (with pics)

Now that we have a place for new members to introduce themselves, I thought it might be cool for us "old" members to have a thread to introduce ourselves too! How about also posting a picture of ourselves. I would never know half of you guys if we bumped into each other out elk hunting! At a later date, you can always come back and edit your pic and introduction if ya want too.

If IKIC likes the idea, he can make this a sticky so the new members can easily see who they are talking to.

I'll start in the next post.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 02-19-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I am Umpqua Hunter…I also go by UH, Umpqua or Jim but I don't go by uuhhhhhhhh or "hey you"

I'm from Southern Oregon where I live on a property where I grow Douglas Fir trees. We've got Blacktails, Columbia Whitetails, brush bunnies, ruffed grouse, quail, ducks, geese, wild turkeys and occasionally elk, black bear and cougar on our place. We also have fishing for largemouth bass, huge crappie, and yellow perch on our property. Nearby we fish the Umpqua River.

I've been applying for tags all over the west for the past 30 years…that dates me….I turn 50 this year. I've drawn two bighorn sheep tags, one desert bighorn tag, three Shiras moose tags, a mountain goat tag, and numerous tags for elk, deer and antelope. I'm a hunt research fanatic and spend a few hundred hours a year looking for new DIY opportunities.

My wife loves to hunt and is my favorite hunting partner. I have 5 sons, a daughter and one grandson. My wife, and two of my sons have drawn sheep tags and all three killed their rams.

Here's a pic with me and my best salmon from the 2013 season. Behind me is our SSM (salmon slaying machine). If you're ever our way in the summer or early fall and we've got an extra spot in the boat, let's go fishing!

My wife with her 2012 California Bighorn from the John Day River in Oregon

My wife and I with her first elk, shot just behind our home:

Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 03-01-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's a great idea! I'll see what we can do on getting a section set up for this
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This is the wife and I last New Years

An the fam on my wife's antelope hunt

We live in Reno Nv. I own a commercial refrigeration co. High Country Refrigeration we are in our sixth year in business. I've been in the trade since 1990. My wife Carin works at UPS and loads trucks early in the mornings so she has been able to raise our daughter Raegan.

I've been involved with Eastmans since 2006 when Guy and Nate Simmons went with myself and my hunting partner on a late season bull elk hunt in Eastern Nv. Our hunt was pulblished named "Sub Zero Bulls" also our hunt was filmed and was on the Outdoor Channel a couple times as well as on the Gettin Real DVD. My part of the story was published in Cabelas magazine as a write up that Guy did for Cabelas. Myself and hunting partner and wife have been in Eastmans several times. Since then Guy and I have kept in touch meeting at the ISE shows in Sacramento, Elk Camp here in Reno.

About a year or so when the forum started I jumped on board and kind of helped Adam Bender keep tabs on how things where going. Adam gave me a call about a photo of my daughter that he was putting in a issue and he asked me to become the moderator for the forum. Obviously I agreed and it's been great to work for the Eastmans and be a part of what they stand for.
    Last edited by Ikeepitcold; 02-19-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is me... Elk hunting if course..

and of course doing what I do...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    I hunt because......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hi my name is Kevin Root. I enjoy the outdoors, photography, hunting and fishing. I grew up as a kid fishing and camping in the Sierras so I really enjoy the mountains most. I went on my first backpacking trip with a church group when I was a teen and Iíve been hooked on backpacking ever since.

My family did not hunt, so I learned much on my own, or though media or friends that I met from work or church. I think about being on some kind of outdoor adventure every day. I need to be better at planning them and going more and more often. Life is short and time goes by way to fast. Hunting for me is conservation, our heritage, and our job to be caretakers to the animals we hunt. There is something special to me about hunting miles away from any road and bringing an animal back out that Iíve hunted. Itís a very gratifying experience to me that is hard for some to understand.

Iím married to a wonderful woman and have a boy and a girl in college and we also have a son in high school. Iím a Christian, I love God, my family and being in the outdoors in that order. I hope to keep them in that priority.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is a great thread. Neat to put Faces with the names.
    My name is Mark even though I am not a original member I thought I would add to the thread. I am not a Montana resident but last year was my 20th elk season hunting in BigSky country. I do business with a few companies in Montana and if my business location wasn't in NC I would move to Montana. Maybe one day.
    My passions are archery hunting for Elk and Deer with Turkey hunting coming in a close second. These days most of my trips are solo trips . I also keep my boat in Wanchese NC and fish out of Oregon Inlet NC targeting Tuna and Billfish. I have been married to my wife for 30 years (Lord knows how she puts up with my hunting and fishing adventures!!) I also enjoy this site as it is pretty much drama free!!
    A few pics of my outdoor passions!!

First Pope and Young Elk.

My best 2013 White tail.

A little Tuna and Billfish action with friends.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Very cool idea UH. My name is Justin and I live in central MT. I have been married for 11 years now and have 3 beautiful children, 2 girls and 1 boy. After spending 7 years on active duty in the Army I decided that it was time for me to take a back seat and let my wife complete her master's degree and I would then follow her where her new career took her. I grew up in MT and have been fortunate enough to find myself living in one of the greatest places in North America, IMO, to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors. I also spend a large amount of time archery hunting for just about every animal MT has to offer. If I am not out hunting I often can be found in the HS gym coaching, or out on the water fishing.

Last edited by jjenness; 02-20-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jjenness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm packmule, but most people call me David. I haven't done just a whole lot of Western hunting myself, but have tagged along on quite a few trips (thus the packmule nickname) and have done some Colorado hunting off vouchers. I spend the majority of my time in the woods managing whitetail properties and thinning the local hog populations. I out kicked my coverage when it comes to my wife and we have a spastic 10 month old son. My wife hunts as well and we're just from an area where opening weekend of hunting season is treated like a religious holiday.

First deer at 6

I shoot big deer

I catch monster fish

And the wife and I

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Great thread UH, I need to learn how to make pictures large like you guys before I post. Would someone please tell me how?