Thread: Hunting Maps

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Hunting Maps

Have anyone used DIYhuntingmaps.com? I used them last year for a WY map and was impressed with the info. I ordered a map online at 1:30 pm on Saturday and it was in my mailbox Monday at noon. Still can't believe they got it here that fast? You can click on an antelope unit and it shows you amount of BLM, NF, past draw % with PP, # of permits issued, etc. I can also compare up to 5 units side by side on the screen at one time. I really like it for comparing units. Check it out as I haven't seen the site mentioned on the forum and was wondering if there was some reason not to use it or maybe MYTOPO is better in some ways which I'm sure it is for building maps.
    Thanks
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I use mytopo and have been happy with them. I had herd of that site but hadnt used it. Lots of good info on it. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    It is a great site and I use it a lot, but I think there draw % may be a little off on some units. I will order a map from them one day, the only reason I havent yet is because they never have the unit available I am hunting. Other than that I really like it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for info, I'll check it out!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank for the info will look it up. I like Hunt by ONX MAPS. I got one of these chips for my garmin to us on a lion hunt in Wyoming this winter was the best money I have ever spent on maps. It lays out everything was great for finding way into places that I never new how to get into. Was so nice to have on the hand held for my dog tracker. I've hunted mule deer there before but with this chip I learned more places on this lion trip that I thinking if I go back there and hunt deer again should have no problem finding a nice buck and get away from other hunters. And yes My buddy got his Lion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yot 1 View Post
    Thank for the info will look it up. I like Hunt by ONX MAPS. I got one of these chips for my garmin to us on a lion hunt in Wyoming this winter was the best money I have ever spent on maps. It lays out everything was great for finding way into places that I never new how to get into. Was so nice to have on the hand held for my dog tracker. I've hunted mule deer there before but with this chip I learned more places on this lion trip that I thinking if I go back there and hunt deer again should have no problem finding a nice buck and get away from other hunters. And yes My buddy got his Lion.
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you lion hunt? Was there quit a few lions?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NE69 View Post
    Have anyone used DIYhuntingmaps.com?
    I own several of their maps and use them all the time. Their website is also a wealth of information.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13