Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

NR Montana Muley Tag

Hey guys,

I've been a die hard Eastman's fan for quite some time and just recently found out they have an online forum so obviously I'm new to the forum. I'm from North Dakota and have been deer/antelope hunting the badlands all my life....

I was finally able to draw the NR combo tag in Montana and will be hopefully be able to draw a special Permit Elk tag around fort peck (I have 2 pref pts) so I plan on hunting my tail off all bow season strictly just for Elk and then going back during the rifle season to fill my deer tag. Is there anyone familiar with some of the Eastern units of Montana? I would like to stay around Fort Peck and hunt the General Deer units.....I prefer walk in access only areas with minimal roads. I'm not asking for any honey holes or exact areas, just would like to hear some stories or tips on certain units in the eastern part of Montana for Muleys. This will be my first of many out of state hunts! Can't wait! Thanks guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Glad your here man and congrats on the tag. Contact the FWP here in Montana and order some BMA maps. Eastern Montana has alot of Ranches that are apart of the BMA program and alot of them are foot hunting only! You can hunt a 10,000 acre ranch and see quite a bit of wildlife just by signing your name on a piece of paper at the ranch house. Take a look at it. BMA ranches are primarily how I hunt for antelope and deer. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with MT backcountry hunter. Block Management is a great resource for someone in your shoes. A lot of the ranches only allow limited numbers of hunters, and permission has to be reserved ahead of time.

There is a lot of public land on the CMR Refuge and BLM in the breaks, but there are a lot of hunters as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks alot guys! I have already looked into that as well as buying a Montana chip for my GPS! Any additional tips or advice is always welcome...