Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exchange

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exchange

Hello,

I recently realized that over the past 9 months I've gleaned some pretty helpful information on a number of different topics from this forum. So my questions is, what do I have to offer?

As a 26 year old Minnesota resident with a whopping three western big game hunts under his belt, but who plans to travel West every fall as long as his body allows, how can I be an asset to a Western Big Game hunting forum?

I believe in exchange, and I'm afraid I've been doing a lot of "taking" recently. Please share any thoughts on how [or if] a guy like myself can contribute in a meaningful way.

Thanks!
    DK

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've only been on 5 western hunts, so I don't feel qualified to offer advice on location or tactics, but try to give my 2 cents whenever anybody asks about archery hunting or archery in general. Take whatever you can from these fine folks, and when it comes to giving back, stick with what you know.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonArrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonArrow View Post
    I've only been on 5 western hunts, so I don't feel qualified to offer advice on location or tactics, but try to give my 2 cents whenever anybody asks about archery hunting or archery in general. Take whatever you can from these fine folks, and when it comes to giving back, stick with what you know.
    This would also be the advice I would give you. Just make sure and stick around. There are still some fun conversations to get in around here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good time for my first post?
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Use what you have learned about the western hunting process to help other guys from the midwest and east coast that are planning their first hunts. Way to look out for guys on the forum!
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to In God We Trust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have only been on 1 western hunt but I have spent a lot of time learning the draw and point systems in most states so I help out in that area when I can

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JEandAsGuide For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I understand, even though I live in a western state I don't feel I have much to offer in exchange. I didn't start posting for info, more to share experiences, that is what it's really about. If you gain info that's an added bonus, use what you can, offer where you can.

And don't waste time of money building points in Oregon!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.kerri View Post
    Hello,

I recently realized that over the past 9 months I've gleaned some pretty helpful information on a number of different topics from this forum. So my questions is, what do I have to offer?

As a 26 year old Minnesota resident with a whopping three western big game hunts under his belt, but who plans to travel West every fall as long as his body allows, how can I be an asset to a Western Big Game hunting forum?

I believe in exchange, and I'm afraid I've been doing a lot of "taking" recently. Please share any thoughts on how [or if] a guy like myself can contribute in a meaningful way.

Thanks!
    DK
    This is a great question, I have been thinking the same thing for a while know. I just didn't know how to say it. I two have only been on a couple of western hunts so can't be alot of help. Alot of great folks on here that are willing to help out and are very fun to listen to, keeps me coming back every day. Thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Definitely a good question. For me, I've offered pinpoint info of what little success I had here and on another forum if anyone wants it. It seems with few posts nobody want it unless you post alot. But at least I offered. Since your from Minnesota, maybe help with fishing? Great state, been there once up around Ely. Loved the fishing. Or maybe advice to people coming on handling your state bird! Mosquito!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I like your attitude.

You can look up answers for some of the requests for information, especially for other newbies. You already know something about hunting and woodcraft and will learn more the longer you hang out here, spend time on the Game & Fish websites and read other forums or the journals and as you hunt more out West. There are more other guys on here learning than you think, if fact everyone is on here in part to learn from others.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hoshour For This Useful Post: