Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by islandlaker View Post
    So the tentative plan right now is to apply for R as first choice and Y as second choice for Mule Deer. Leave Minnesota on 10/17 arrive sunrise in Wyoming on 10/18. Then hunt tell 10/24 leave the morning of 10/25. This is about as late in the month as we can make the trip as we have to do it over a weekend off. The hospital we work at wont let us all take a weekend off together. How does that sound to everyone? Again thanks, you guys rock!
    As long as the season is open then it sounds good if that is the time you all have. I would suggest trying to time it to hunt during the week as much as you can because weekends will usually have the most hunters out hunting. Also always check the regulations for the specific unit or units you will be hunting as they can vary within the region.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    164 has the earliest season in m. If anyone wants to try m there is always leftovers for a reason. Yes plenty of public land in 164 but seeing it is enough for me. Make the season later and snow a bunch on mountain and I'll hunt it until then what inhabits it can live free.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Some of you guys really lack reading comprehension! I DID NOT say there wasn't a lot of public land in Region M. I said the public land there does not hold enough deer in any one spot to make a good hunt unless you have been there and done that a number of times to know where to go. Having access to a ranch or two like I do also helps more than a little, LOL! I've been all over 164, which is also unit 114 for antelope, and it's not called the Badlands for nothing because it basicly looks like moonscape more hospitable for Bighorn sheep than anything else! If any of you go out there and see more than 10 deer in a week of hunting in that BLM you'd be doing really well! There is a reason why there are hundreds of leftover tags after the draw in Region M, so don't say I didn't tell you so if you venture out there and crap out on a hunt!!! Also, disregard the comment JMBC mentioned about snow in the mountains and hunting late because 164 isn't a migratory unit for deer and is open the first part of October, although antelope do come down from the south in November or December from the Lysites to winter there if it snows bad down there at the higher elevations.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 03-01-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Easy Topgun, I think they were joking and didnt mean anything bad or against anything you said. What does "moonscape" look like? lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Easy Topgun, I think they were joking and didnt mean anything bad or against anything you said. What does "moonscape" look like? lol
    ***I get more than a little upset when I've hunted out there for the past 20 years and try to give good advice on Forums and then have someone question what I've stated just because they're looking at a dang map while they sit at their desk 1800 miles away from Wyoming! I didn't even read his followup before I made my post after reading his initial one! The BLM in 164 looks exactly like pictures of the moon we've all seen from the NASA photos. For those that don't believe me, just go out there and have at it, LOL!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 03-01-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It can be frustrating and i know where your coming from but I dont think he meant it badly. Most of what we post is our opinion and what might be a great hunt to me could be a horrible hunt to you. None of us need to agree on anything, we just need to try and be respectful about how we disagree.

Is there any grass sage brush or anything on this moon area or is that part like the moon too? lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've never been to the moon. So that sounds interesting. J/k

We decided not to put in for a 2nd choice because we applied in the special draw. If we don't hit it, we will buy a leftover I guess.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Now we know why it got the letter M for Moon. lol Dont worry if you dont draw it will have leftovers and Y prob will too but might want to jump on them when they go on sale. Also I have never done it but you can still modify your app in WY if you decide you want a 2nd choice. Im pretty sure you will draw though!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Topgun, did I mention your name? No. Dont think your the only one that knows anything. I know Tom and I have relation in ten sleep. Was clearly stating that I would not hunt west of bluebank. Not getting in a pissin match but I don't post bs so leave me out of it.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Easy guys, lets get back to the MO.

I would highly recommend getting an onxmaps product to help navigate the private ground.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post: