Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think we all want to be given respect and dignity and rightly so. Where things get out of hand is when they turn into more of an attack on a person and such instead of how how we might criticize their actions. How they perhaps poorly worded something or by how we give a person some tough love in truth when it's due. We have a lot of pressure in our society saying to be tolerant and to just hold our tongue if we can't say something nice. I think watching our tongue and what we say is wise but I think we also have way to much tolerance in our society these days and we need perhaps more of that tough love in truth that can hopefully benefit others. In the end, one has to work on their own stuff, we can't do it for them. We all are a work in progress here.

I'm hoping we have a place where if someone asks a question or comment we can feel free to give our thoughts on it, respectfully. This forum sure feels at times like we are all sitting around the campfire talking about hunting stories, hunting tactics, hunting topics in general which is one of the reasons I keep coming back here.

It's a rainy day today out my way and I'm reading reading a good and inspirational hunting book on backcountry hunting. I saw a fitting quote in a section about commitment, drive, passion and desire. I thought it spoke some wise words.

The Essence of Destiny
    Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Choose your words, for they become actions.
    Understand your actions, for they become your habits.
    Study your habits, for they become your character.
    Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Author Unknown
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 03-02-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Typo