Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts

Outdoorsmans Optics pack

Any one tried this pack? Noticed Nate Simmons and the Western Hunter crew was using this pack on their hunts. I know they are sponsored by the company, just wondering any reviews good or bad. Thanks in advance.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I havn't heard of it but here's a review I found....... http://trentswansonoutdoors.blogspot...mans-pack.html
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but I own this pack and thought I could comment since this discussion didn't have legs.

This is a very robust pack system that was well thought out for guys who hunt in the west/southwest. It is designed and sold by a local shop in phx. This shop is operated by serious DIY hunters and I have always been treated well when dealing with them.

The pack bag is attached to an external lightweight carbon fiber frame. It's capable of carrying serious weight. And the bag itself can be removed and used as a meat pack only. They told me they had fit a whole moose quarter on it and I believe them. The downside to the pack is that it is heavier than your kuiu, kifaru, stone glacier. It has held up very well here in the desert for the last 3 hunting seasons and I think it will last many more. It's adjustable to fit guys of different torso lengths( I had some trouble getting it to fit me right ) but once I did, I was very happy with it. It's got a built in shooting notch.. Which is handy if your bipod is too short or you need to get above the grass. It does not have the padding in the belt and torso region like an eberlestock but it's still is comfortable if dawned properly. The belt was well designed to easily accommodate holsters, range finders, knives, etc. they also have a couple accessory pods to expand its storage past it's standard approx 4600 cubic inches., and they now make a slightly larger version. They also make a lightweight rain cover for it, which is a must. I had it on a fall az antelope hunt last year and was rained on almost every day. The pack is water resistant but your stuff can get wet in a downpour

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    Glad I stumbled upon this post. I was looking at the optics pack system today. I think I've limited my choice between optics system so full curl system. Both look like well made packs that are US made and both are fairly inexpensive.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The thing I'm curious about is can you load up the meat shelf and still attach the bag to the frame with all of your gear in it? I've been thinking about getting this pack for awhile but I want something that I can pack my meat out plus my bag with camp in it all in one haul.
    Bull Time