Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    Not to completely hijack this thread from your original question, but if you are serious about coming East to hunt Whitetail I can direct you to some Ohio public land also. I now hunt primarily private here in Ohio as I have gotten to know a few of the farmers and now have permission to hunt about 500 acres of private land. Some of the land is better than others, time of year plays a big part, I don't always have the woods to myself, and some of it I only have permission for just myself or immediate family, but I do see some nice deer and I usally see at least 1 deer each year on the hoof that will go above 170 inches. I just cant seem to always connect.

Here is my best deer and it is from Ohio. Top picture in my post on this thread.
    http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showth...th-pics)/page9

I've also got a lot of other pictures both of harvested and game camera pictures that show some real nice deer.
    Thanks everyone,
    A couple of years ago I was out riding my atv behind the house during archery season when I ran into 3 first time elk hunters from Missouri who were really struggling. After talking to them for a while I offered to show them some areas that I knew held elk. I saw them a few days later and they thanked me for the help getting them into some elk.( they got a cow and saw 3 bulls). They offered to take me whitetail hunting in Missouri but when I tried contacting them all of the numbers they gave were bogus and left me with kind of a bad taste in my mouth. I have family with property in Nebraska and Eastern Colorado that allow us to hunt does but not bucks since they have it leased to an outfitter. We have nice white tails here but I would have to apply as a first choice and I would miss hunting muleys too much to do that. I have offered to swap hunts before and offered a horseback elk hunt with me and my friend in the wilderness here in exchange for a good whitetail hunt but it seemed as though most of the respondents did not give me a comfy able feeling. I figured that a public land hunt in the Midwest sounded like a cool adventure. IM NOT GOING TO HAVE TO SIT IN A TREE ALL DAY AM I????????
    Last edited by Granby guy; 02-26-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's a bunch of crap. Hate that they did that to you. If you ever want to come to Ohio or KY I'll gladly show you some great DYI public land. No swap hunt needed. Or I'll even put you on some private land if you'd rather do that. The best public land is primarily archery only. It just all depends on what you want in a hunt. Easily under 1k$ including tags.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Granby, if you want to hunt some whitetails, there are plenty here in Kansas. I just moved to Kansas last year and was able to spot and stalk my first KS whitetail last year in western Kansas with my bow. You have to draw in Kansas and with the tag and license, you will be paying around 500 for a deer, but its close enough to you fuel won't be as big of a deal. I got help last year from a forum member (wapiti66) on some places to start looking, so I'll be glad to pass along some advice from what I saw last year. Pm me if you are interested.
    Last edited by tdcour; 02-26-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations

I am from ohio and still own 600 acres back there, the first deer is my son deer from 2012 the last is my 2013 deer
    The ones on the wall are mine and his with the exception of one my daughter killed,
    Can't beat the price of the tags in ohio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to millerdecks@gmail.com For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granby guy View Post
    Thanks everyone,
    IM NOT GOING TO HAVE TO SIT IN A TREE ALL DAY AM I????????
    Hahahaha. Most likely. Where my better stands are at if you are not sitting in a tree you probably wont see a deer from ground level until it is too late and if you tried still hunting any deer would be gone long before you saw it because of how thick and noisy it can be. Especially if you are using a bow. So yeah, you'll probably be in a tree all day.

Are 22-26ft heights from a 20x24 platform ok with you?

If you get serious about Ohio let me know. I might be able to help out.

Just a tease for you. Here is 2 of the guys I was chasing last fall. I ended up getting the one on the left.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDY_0332.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	8396
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121109_202103.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	8397
    Last edited by Work2hunt; 02-27-2014 at 05:51 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Work2hunt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wow. I just showed my wife this pic so she would feel better about our house... her response: at least his is outside. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by millerdecks@gmail.com View Post

I am from ohio and still own 600 acres back there, the first deer is my son deer from 2012 the last is my 2013 deer
    The ones on the wall are mine and his with the exception of one my daughter killed,
    Can't beat the price of the tags in ohio.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Awesome bucks guys!

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here are my 2 bucks from 2012 in KY. Mounted buck is my archery deer, the euro is a public land draw hunt, where I work and guide deer hunters. Got him with a ML. Struck out in Ohio this year, but here are a couple I was after.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1393509222927.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1393509275579.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1393509426628.jpg  
    - Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My friend got the big tall buck with his bow. Long drag up out of those Ohio hills. We'd been after him for the last two seasons.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1393509466660.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1393509527844.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1393509547594.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1393509581894.jpg  
    - Charlie Daniels

- AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    What are the age restrictions? That is a bargain!!
    The youth have to be 16 and under I believe.