Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Three guided hunts - about $4500 a pop. The last couple of unguided hunts - $700 - $1000...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't even know for sure! Probably 6-700. I have everything i need, but I splurge a bit and have wood brought up to camp. it saves time and is more quiet, since camp can have critters come by at any time. Fuel, propane, food and beverages for 8 days. I did buy a couple bottles of 100 dollar a bottle bourbon only to be opened when blood was on my hands. With 9 guys in camp, I got 2 drinks. They were the best tasting drinks I have had after getting the second elk off the mountain. I was whipped and anything probably would of tasted good!! I wish it was only 300 bucks though!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    How much do I spend on my Elk hunts. For me it is quite a bit more since I live across the country. I hunt Montana and try to go every year or whenever I draw my tags. Being a non resident it is expensive.
    Licenses and permits $1100.00.
    If I drive add another $1100 for diesel.
    If I fly add $690 for flight, $750 for truck rental $300 dollars for fuel while there.
    Food and items bought for the trip $500. Not including gear.
    Personally I like to drive but it is a long trip unless someone else goes with me. Its worth every penny and have been doing it since the late 80s.
    Last edited by 25contender; 02-28-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    BleuBijou..... Thats hillarious that you have wood brought into camp to be quiet. I have lived up in McCall Idaho for years, and one thing I do often is firewood cut. Me and a friend go cut several weekends a year, for a day or two at a time, run saws 6-10 hours a day, and have deer and or elk in camp, or watching us cut more often than not. They are drawn to the sound like gnats to a flame,mthey dont run off, and if they do its not far.

One thing they love to eat as a treat is the tasty greens that fall from the trees as they drop.
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I go it alone from Ok to nm north or south it costs at least 1000. If its a quality tag then over 1200. It certainly can save a lot if you can get a partner but it is hard for me to get anyone around here to pay that much for a tag and only have 10 percent draw odds. With the rise in cost of everything you could easily spend 1500 or even 2000 so you really have to save wherever you can.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millerdecks@gmail.com View Post

I am from ohio and still own 600 acres back there, the first deer is my son deer from 2012 the last is my 2013 deer
    The ones on the wall are mine and his with the exception of one my daughter killed,
    Can't beat the price of the tags in ohio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is very impressive. I wish I could decorate my house like that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    hey everyone thanks for the information and offering up so much help. It is really cool of you guys. I am looking at my schedule this year and trying to determine what kind of time I will have considering that I am most likely going to draw one of Colorados top units this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    BleuBijou..... Thats hillarious that you have wood brought into camp to be quiet. I have lived up in McCall Idaho for years, and one thing I do often is firewood cut. Me and a friend go cut several weekends a year, for a day or two at a time, run saws 6-10 hours a day, and have deer and or elk in camp, or watching us cut more often than not. They are drawn to the sound like gnats to a flame,mthey dont run off, and if they do its not far.

One thing they love to eat as a treat is the tasty greens that fall from the trees as they drop.
    I know it is horrible! We used to do that! Setting up 3 big tents and getting everything set up just makes it feel that much easier to pay a buddy to bring up the wood. Saves a ton of time and work and one less thing to have to worry about. We still bring up the saws just in case weather buggers up the road and he can't get there!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    1000 to 1300 most years I try to go for archery and rifle .If I have a partner I can do it for 1000. I am fortunate to have a truck that gets 20. Mpg

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Granby guy View Post
    My friend and I were recently looking at going on a whitetail hunt in the Midwest and I was kind of surprised at the cost of whitetail tags in some of the states. It got me wondering about how much you guys from out of state usually spend on an elk hunt out west ( gas, food, license and whatever else). Just interested in seeing how it compares for us to go on a hunt in the Midwest.
    A little known hot spot for big whiteys is SE MN. I grew up hunting down there and saw some giant deer. The closer to the Iowa border the better, but there's a ton of deer in that bluff country.