Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WA280-
    It's actually Utah-Idaho Map Supply...after reading my post, I thought the way it was written might throw you. Good luck with that Book Cliffs elk hunt...you and everyone else is trying to draw that unit. It has really been on the upswing as of late. Myself, I'm hoping to draw a front stuffer LE Elk tag for the Central Mtns - Manti unit this year. 11 points going in, and it drew down to that level on the guaranteed tags last year. I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks again MWScott72. Maybe I should reconsider Central Mtns-Manti for my elk play. As of now I have 12 elk points. As a NR I am most likely a couple years away still to consider a play. Thanks for clarifying the map supply. Good luck to you in the Utah elk draw. The Utah submission deadline is only a couple weeks away. All the best.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My vote would be to be there for opening day!

IMO you either want to hunt opener, or later in the season, I've done the 2nd week deal before... and while sure you can take a goat with less pressure, to me the animals have been hunted hard for a week now... and they're more spooky than ever!

And of course opening day has the most # of big animals alive...

Either way, best of luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HuskyMusky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hi Fish, just wanted to followup with you and other folks at the forum. My team was successful in the WY unit 96 special draw. We are all super excited about our first hunting adventure into the West Farson unit for the buck antelope hunt. My buddy's son drew two doe/fawn youth tags in the Dry Sandy unit 91, adjacent to West Farson unit 96. A couple of us have Mike's book and we have the GPS Hunting Map for WY on the Garmins. It is now time to spend some serious time at the Cascade Range in Ravensdale. We'll keep you posted on how the hunt went in WY. Thank you. Gary Turner.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats on drawing!! With the long season in your unit I would try to hunt around the first week in Oct. Good Luck!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you Musket Man. The first hunt day is planned for 09/29! We are excited to say the least. Thanks for your suggestions, super helpful.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats WA280Guy - you are going to absolutely love antelope hunting. Make sure and bring some warm clothes as the wind out there can be crazy...not to mention the freak storms that move in and out faster than you can say "holy sh*t!". Check out the north end of the unit as that's where more animals seemed to reside on my hunt in '06. Strangely, I didn't find many along the Big Sandy...don't know if that was a fluke or not.

Did you put in for the Books or Manti - La Sal for your Utah elk app? I drew a ML hunt on that unit. I think it's going to take 13-14 points to draw the rifle hunt as a NR. Not sure what your hunt preference is. The Books will take more though I'm not sure where the break is off-hand.

Good luck this fall. Let us know how you do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats & Good Luck!
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eberle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you MWScott72, I appreciate the hunt recommendations for Unit 96. It looks like there is plenty of BLM land north of highway 28 so we will make that our primary focus.

This year I took the point option for Utah Limited Entry Elk. I reckoned my chances were still really slim as a NR to draw the Books or Manti. I have a funny story for you, well, it is actually true so not much of a story. My buddy from the Alpine/Lehi area is in the Books this weekend scouting for bulls. His oldest daughter, who has never hunted before & just passed Hunter's Ed, drew Limited Entry bull in the Books with no points. She is not a youth hunter. It just shows, that folks do draw these premium hunts without points.

Take care and all the best. I look forward to giving you an October update on our WY pronghorn experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That girl will be spoiled for the rest of her life! What a great hunt though for it to be her first. Looking forward to swapping stories this fall. Summer is FLYING by...which is both good and bad.