Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    One of my friends that applied just got in the mail last Saturday, March 22, a tag for this same unit. He had 0 points and figured he didnt draw. Is that odd? 0 points, and just found out? I had my tag in hand a few weeks ago. I thought that was weird, but excited now that I have a guaranteed helper

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    That's awesome Robiland....I guess he got extremely lucky and drew in the random. How many points did you have? Congrats to both of you.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robiland View Post
    One of my friends that applied just got in the mail last Saturday, March 22, a tag for this same unit. He had 0 points and figured he didnt draw. Is that odd? 0 points, and just found out? I had my tag in hand a few weeks ago. I thought that was weird, but excited now that I have a guaranteed helper
    Didn't he go online and check to see whether he'd drawn or not? That's the only way he would know until the license comes in the mail! That will be great that you'll have a buddy along and remember what I said in my PM to you about helping in September if my WY buddy doesn't draw and I'm free then.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cobbhunts, I had 7 points and my other buddy had 6 that did NOT draw in the Special draw. But my friend just planned on not drawing, but thought why not start with points. So Topgun, he thought I wont draw, no need to check, and I did not remind him to look. But he got he tag in the mail 2+ weeks after I did. AND YES TOPGUN, I remember. Trust me, Ill let you know. I hope you buddy does and does not draw. Any help is better than none, especially some with knowledge of the area. Ill keep in touch!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 8 Posts
    You didn't say whether he put in for the Regular Random or the Special Random, but I just looked them up to see what odds he beat. In the Regular draw they had 8 tags and 307 first choice applicants for a 2.6% chance at one of those tags. If he applied in the Special draw, it had 5 tags and 104 first choice applicants for a 4.8% chance. I'd rub his noggin for some good luck on the hunt itself after he drew a tag with those kind of odds on his first shot at it. I assume if he bought a PP that they send him a refund for $50 since you can't draw a first choice and buy a PP in the same calendar year. Even if John draws his tag in the resident draw I may have some time while you're out there to help out if you'll be there the whole two weeks, as I doubt John will hunt the entire time and I'm less than an hour from your unit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am sure he put in for regular draw. He got his $50 check with hit tag. I will rub his head and hit the slots on my to Vegas!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 1 Post
    I can't believe anyone would apply and then not check the results online! Amazing luck!!! Congrats to him! Maybe that is what brought on the luck- NOT checking............maybe I'll try that.........

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that have sent me info on this unit and offered help. I am getting very excited and cant wait to get there. If there are any others that would like to chime in, please feel free. Thanks to all of you!
    Happy hunting and good luck this year in the field.

Landon

10. The Following User Says Congratulations to robiland For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haha!! I couldn't believe I drew the tag! I never looked because here in UT this would not really ever happen. I was just excited to get up to Wyoming and learn the area and help Landon. I am fortunate to have a great life long friend who called me the night before the draw ended and told me to put in. We hope we will be able to post a picture of a couple nice bulls come Oct.1. Thanks for all the information. We'd love to pay it forward so if anyone draws a Wasatch limited elk tag hit us up. We have nice bulls here and know where they hang out. Unfortunately Landon and I won't be hunting them for another 10 + yrs.
    Here's to hoping the good luck continues for us and all you guys!
    Matt

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RockyMountain For This Useful Post:

13. The Following User Says Congratulations to RockyMountain For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice to see you finally figured out the forum Matt Its going to be fun. Cant wait!!!