Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Guys

Its crazy how many guys are signing up to the forum before most of big game drawings, or after they have drawn their tag looking for spots. I don't even know why they waste their time signing up, most of the info they are looking for has already been said in other threads. Just an observation.
    I am new also but I plan on stickin around giving my two cents every now and again.
    Cheers
    Last edited by ScottR; 02-28-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    Well I'll speak for all the new guys.....

Why Register:
    I'm glad I did. I was as guilty as all the rest. I read stuff on this board for quite a while but I realized that I had some stuff to say(and perhaps contribute) rather than just extract info.
    I've been on some other boards but this one seems to be very organized and full of helpful folks. I have PMed several folks and vice versa and they have given me some great info. Although I just registered a couple of weeks ago I have found myself on here almost every day.

I've already picked up quite a bit of info and made some contacts that I wouldn't have made without registering.
    I'll just bet that a lot of folks come here the first time trolling for hunt info.......I did.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Its crazy how many guys are signing up to the forum before most of big game drawings, or after they have drawn their tag looking for spots. I don't even know why they waste their time signing up, most of the info they are looking for has already been said in other threads. Just an observation.
    I am new also but I plan on stickin around giving my two cents every now and again.
    Cheers
    Ha ha…it happens every year. I'm glad you are sticking around Jrod. Most of the guys on Eastman's are super helpful, but sometimes it is hard when there is so much "dine and dash" with new members.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    And JRod.... those are some nice X zone bucks...... got X3b Archery (twice) when I was stationed in CA but couldn't seal the deal on anything decent. Saw more cat tracks than deer tracks.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OregonJim For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 73 Times in 9 Posts
    We are happy they have joined us. We are here to help in any way we can. Eastman's prides ourselves on helping the beginner hunter as well as the seasoned hunters. It is up to you as a forum member to choose to give or not give help to the new guys. Should you give up your honey holes well I wouldn't. But will I help someone find their own honey hole? YES absolutely. Give advise to help each other out. Be respectful. We all has to start somewhere and we want that to be Eastmans.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 9 Posts
    You hit the nail on the head!

We have plans to offer a lot more through the forum, so keep watching, you will like what will be coming over the next year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 3 Posts
    There's a nifty feature on the forum where you can't see the attached photos of successful hunts from "X unit" unless you register. I will admit that has been the cause of me registering on a cpl forums so I could see what those deer looked like.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 34 Times in 4 Posts
    What I am finding interesting, as I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of having joined this forum and I guess now that I have a few posts to my name, is the PM's that I get from new guys that haven't even made a post on Eastmans at all. It appears they register just to ask questions in the background.

Those of you more "senior" members I can not imagine what you go through that some of us never see.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I've been a member of this forum for about 3 years and really enjoy lots of it. Lots is the same stuff over and over, but there are also lots of new and interesting posts all the time. I also don't mind sharing my experiences on lots of things that I have enjoyed over the last 60 or so years of hunting, shooting, reloading and almost anything that has to do our western outdoor lifestyle. Helping and advising newcomers, younger hunters and anyone asking for help is a compliment to all of us. I will stop short of giving up any of my own honey holes, as I think most of us would do. But I do recommend general areas that I have had experience with and let them do their own digging. Last fall I gave a couple of guys a tour of potential hunting areas in my haunts. They scouted out the area further on their own and ended up seeing plenty of elk and took one home. I am glad that I helped out and will do the same again when I can.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    What I am finding interesting, as I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of having joined this forum and I guess now that I have a few posts to my name, is the PM's that I get from new guys that haven't even made a post on Eastmans at all. It appears they register just to ask questions in the background.

Those of you more "senior" members I can not imagine what you go through that some of us never see.
    I got a pm recently from someone that joined in 2011 and had 0 posts. I get a few from guys with none or very few posts and most of them I never get a 2nd pm, a thankyou or ever hear from them again. Anymore I give very brief general info at first. If I get a reply and they seem to want to talk then I will help them.