Thread: Ravage Nocks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ravage Nocks

Anyone heard of these? They are actually pretty cool. I wasnt sure about them so I sent an email to the company asking several questions. After a few back and forth emails, the owner Joe, was very generous and sent me several packs of nocks to test in exchange for an honest review. So here we go!

-First Impression-
    First, Joe was 100% helpful, professional, and knows his stuff. Shipping was first class and I got the nocks 2 days after he sent them.
    The packaging is well done as you'd expect any other archery product.

The Ravage Nock pack comes with 3 Nocks, 1 Practice Nock, 4 collars and 4 counter weights.

Test 1- Penetration

Delta 3d deer target.
    Bowtech Allegiance @ 63#
    Whisker Biscuit rest

I started by shooting Beaman ICS 400's at 20 yds. After 12 shots I averaged right at 6.5 Inches

I then stripped down the arrows and installed the Ravage.

I shot the Ravage at the same target at 20 yds and after 12 shots averaged 7.65 inches an increase of 18%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BEaman penetration.jpg   Ravage Packs.jpg   Ravage Assembly.jpg   Ravage after first group attempt.jpg   Ravage Penetration.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations

test 2

Accuracy Test-

So immediately I noticed a severe fishtail in the Ravage Nock arrow. Upon inspecting my bow it seems my rest wasn't aligned properly. I can only assume because the ravage has a larger back end it showed more. After fixing that problem they flew very well.

I shot @ 20 and 30 yards and grouped about 1.5" at 20 and 3 at 30. It was very windy today though so I'm sure I can tighten that up.

My very first grouping at 20 yds I nearly robin hooded arrow 1 & 2

You can see in these pics my groups were good and the shattered nock on one of the arrows after they slapped together. I shot 4 Groups and went to shooting individual spots because I didn't want to destroy any more practice nocks.

So my personal opinion so far is these are legit. I can see the extra penetration really helping on shoulder shots. On good boiler room shots, the animal is just going to die a little quicker and bleed more. On gut shot deer, I think these have potential to be revolutionary! Even if the arrow just buries, you have 3 5" knives stabbing everything in sights every step the animal takes.

On turkeys the added shock factor plus more internal destruction should help too.

Let me know what tests you guys would like to see and I'll see what I can do!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ravagebrokencok.jpg   Ravage after first group attempt.jpg   Ravage Blade.jpg   Ravagenock.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    And for those of you who haven't seen them here is what they are supposed to do-

Basically, On a pass thru shot, the flethcing attached to a bleeder tube, pops off the arrow and in theory sticks in the animal. The shaft continues through the body and exposes 3 5" long blades. the blades bend backwards and are made slice and stab everything in its path. If the blades hang up in the deer, each step and bounce the deer makes produces 3 more stab wounds. The bleeder tube acts as a pipe and promotes external bleeding and inhibits clotting

On shoulder/Bone shots, the increased energy should help push the broadhead through and hopefully make a shoulder shot lethal rather than being stunted by the bone.

On perfect boiler room shots, it should give a better blood trail, more internal damage, and quicker death.

You can see more and they videos on www.ravagenocks.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I seen these last fall on another forum. First review that I've read though. They do seem interesting. I'd really like it if you reported back after a harvest this fall. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ill definitely be turkey hunting with them this spring. Also have a hog hunt planned before whitetail season. I should have some good reviews and a better idea of what they are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    I seen these last fall on another forum. First review that I've read though. They do seem interesting. I'd really like it if you reported back after a harvest this fall. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GOSHENGRUNTER For This Useful Post: