Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am not a big bushnell fan, but I do own the scout 1000. I found it to be the most reasonably priced range finder for getting true distance for archery and can range further than I'm willing to shoot with the rifle. It only ranges true horizontal distance out to 100 yards. It has some other bells and whistles that I haven't ever used but might be important to you. I grabbed it from B@H photo for 225ish and bushnell was running a 50 dollar rebate. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a leica, swaro, or leupold, but it works well for the price point.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In my opinion the only Leupold rangefinders to buy are the RX1000i model or the new rx1200i. The older 1000, non i versions used ballistics calcs for bow mode.
    Leicas are better and more money. The new 1000r will replace my Leupy 1000i tbr.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, I used the old leupold 800 tbr for 4 years I believe. The display started going bad on me this year when the numbers started to fade. I got great readings with it, but it wouldn't range deer past 400. I sent that rangefinder in with an explanation what was going wrong and never hear a peep from Leupold. Earlier this week, a brand new rx 800i TBR showed up at the door. No bill or anything. That impressed me a lot... especially since the rangefinder was a few years old. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to test this new one, but the old one worked well with rifle and bow, but needed trees or large rocks to range at long distances. It is a bit cumbersome to setup, but once you set it up you never have to mess with it again. I don't remember the price, but for what I put it through I'd buy it again.

I will say that it doesn't gather light extremely well, but I'm sure thats because of the small lens. Its not real great at ranging through grass, but you will sneak a measurement through there occasionally.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Vortex 1000 yd rangefinder? I have been looking at getting it, have a pair of Vortex binos that I really like. Like Leopold their warranty and customer service is exceptional. While hunting last year I lost one of the lens caps and when I got home I sent an email to them. Within a couple days a new lens cap was in the mail, no questions asked.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado T View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Vortex 1000 yd rangefinder? I have been looking at getting it, have a pair of Vortex binos that I really like. Like Leopold their warranty and customer service is exceptional. While hunting last year I lost one of the lens caps and when I got home I sent an email to them. Within a couple days a new lens cap was in the mail, no questions asked.
    Talk to hardstalk and I keep it cold. HS is a vortex dealer and I think IKIC has that RF.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Check with hardstalk on the forum. He has ask the info on vortex
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had the exact same experience with a lost leupold lens cap. Sent 2 new ones asap