Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

What are you guys using?

Hey guys, I guess I'll start this, approaching the deadlines for various draws, I find myself already going through my gear seeing where and what I should upgrade. I use alot of russell gear and some other odds and ends from Cabelas and good old Wal Mart, but am considering getting some new Kuiu gear. For those that are using this, how do you like it and are there any others you would recommend that provide better gear? Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I wear and use Core4 Element. The price is what swayed me in that direction in the first place, but the gear has held up very well in the 3 seasons that I have been using it. I have heard a lot of good about Kuiu too! Good luck in your search.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    I have actually been doing that all day today!

I am a big Rivers West fan here in our climate. I like bow hunting late into the year, and it really keeps me comfortable when the temps are low and it's also not thick and bulky. I just don't know how well it would be perceived on a Western Hunt. I am brining my RW rain gear this fall to Wyoming, so I guess I will find out first hand. I'd never even heard of Kuiu gear until I joined this forum haha...but we just hunt differently over here, so I assume it's for back country-hiking deep kind of hunting. I'll have to study up on it some. Core4, however, is really popular over here. As is the Russell gear. Quality stuff with both brands.
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 5 Posts
    I've used Sitka, Russell and now Kuiu, I'd say Russell is the best for the money(no longer made however). Sitka is not that great, I've worn there stuff out pretty fast, not that big of a fan anymore. Kuiu seems to be the best overall, I've beat the crap out of it and no tears, frays or punctures of any sort. I've got a buddy that uses Core4 he's a husky fellow and it fits him better than Sitka or Kuiu.
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am currently using all the Russell gear. But unfortunately like it was said earlier it is not made anymore. But I really like it. I have been keeping my eye on Core4 Element. Might give that a try next.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    Im a big fan of Firstlite Cant wait to get my hands on some of there new outerwear for 2014. All the Firstlite I own has held up very well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a bunch of Kuiu gear. Everything I have I like. The rain gear is awesome, the Yukon stuff is pretty tough and the first stuff in a long time that I actually stay dry. The guide pants and jacket are great, no more camo Carhartts for me. It is all very comfortable and lasts really well. I bought the guide jacket and pants when they first came out. I hunt 30 or 40 days a year and it still is in great shape. Merino wool base layers are the way to go, other companies make merino gear and I haven't tried them but I'm sure all are better than polypro stuff.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 5 Posts
    I do use first lite and kuiu merino base layers too. The 1stlite is a little baggier than the kuiu. Both really durable and don't ever get stinky!!
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    I wear Wrangler and Carhartt quite a bit...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What are you looking to hunt in your gear? I have First lite gear for western hunting as it does not stink over a long hunt and wicks away moisture well. Couldn't imagine hunting without it.