Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoose View Post
    My biggest accomplishment would have to be getting my Godson, Mike on a big B&C muley. We have hunted together for many years and I have mentored him on becoming a big buck hunter. He has tried to raise his game every year, holding out for something bigger. He has been a quick study, especially after pulling the trigger on a lesser buck once.

We were hunting Colorado in 2004 and he had passed up several bucks during the hunt. A couple were 26-28 " and still he held off the trigger. It got down to the last day. Everyone had punched their tags and it was just him left. I told him I'd go with him in the morning. We went back to one of my "spots". It was clear and cold and nothing was moving. We slipped over the mountain into a small basin that I'd passed up a big buck in earlier. We no sooner got there when I spotted a big buck bedded below us about 250 yards away. He was facing us and Mike had no shot. So we got the sticks out and waited the buck out. The longer we looked at him the more points we found. Mike stayed on the buck the whole time, probably 30 minutes or so. Finally I saw another smaller 4 point buck walking into the top of the basin. This new buck started raking his antlers on some brush. I told Mike to get ready as his buck would hear the noise and maybe stand up. I no sooner said that when the big buck stood up and turned broadside. Mike shot once and down went the buck. What a buck he turned out to be! We had no idea he was this big! He was a 6X6, 30 1/2 inches wide, grossing 232 B&C.

Mike is very private about his buck and but I don't think he'll mind me posting this photo.
    Now that is a monster!!!!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

2. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bigmoose, nice job on helping out your grandson that is a great accomplishment. Wow that deer is huge!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    4 for 4 on archery bull elk by myself and 3 buddies in 2012 - OTC unit, DIY in SW Colorado 2012. Heading back this year for an encore!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0429.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	9014

Shooting a real decent buffalo on my hunt in Zambia

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:	407647_4975613155225_2074637616_n (1).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	9015

My biggest accomplishment so far was a 149 2/8 whitetail I took with my bow in 2012. Having one of my sons track it down was a great thrill watching him get closer and yell when he found it. In the future I hope to take a bull elk with a bow and help my kids all take their first big game animals.
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge 7 pin sight, trophy taker drop away rest, fuse 8 in stabilizer, g5 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, G-5 Montec 100 grain broadhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by rcfireninja View Post

Name:	407647_4975613155225_2074637616_n (1).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	9015

My biggest accomplishment so far was a 149 2/8 whitetail I took with my bow in 2012. Having one of my sons track it down was a great thrill watching him get closer and yell when he found it. In the future I hope to take a bull elk with a bow and help my kids all take their first big game animals.
    ninja, good buck, Nice long tines on that whitetail.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    wow, great question! Pushing myself to achieve personal goals is awsome. my greatest accomplishments in hunting though, guiding my wife and sons when they harvasted there first big game animals. Hands down the best for me!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks BKC!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Mathews Heli-m, 70 lb limbs, 29.5 draw, trophy ridge 7 pin sight, trophy taker drop away rest, fuse 8 in stabilizer, g5 6 arrow quiver, cabelas stalker extreme arrow 4 in vanes, G-5 Montec 100 grain broadhead, tru-fire hardcore release

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm hoping the best is yet to come!

But so far, killing a P&Y Tule elk on a DIY hunt is probably my biggest "animal killed" accomplishment.

But really being able to hunt deer and elk with my father and uncle out of state every year since 2005 is pretty cool.
    [

Helping my daughter kill her first deer on the Family Ranch (First deer killed on the ranch in 5 generations) speaks well to the habitat work we have done.

But having my little daughter want to shoot 3d with me after work has got to be the most special feeling of my life.