Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tag Application Anxiety??

Anyone have anxiety attacks after they apply for a tag that they've been saving points for?? I have one heck of a time burning 3-4 points on an Antelope tag, Ya save and save and then ya don't want to burn them, it's gonna be bad when I burn some of these points in Nevada, Utah or Colorado that I've been saving the better part of 15 years for!!! I know when I burnt 12 points for my Elk in Utah I was in utter distress for months!! Anyone else have this problem??
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woodtick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    Anyone have anxiety attacks after they apply for a tag that they've been saving points for?? I have one heck of a time burning 3-4 points on an Antelope tag, Ya save and save and then ya don't want to burn them, it's gonna be bad when I burn some of these points in Nevada, Utah or Colorado that I've been saving the better part of 15 years for!!! I know when I burnt 12 points for my Elk in Utah I was in utter distress for months!! Anyone else have this problem??
    Oh yeah! I'm almost sick to my stomach about using my 22 Colorado points for elk. I TOTALLY sympathize.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Holy moses 22 POINTS??!! I couldn't do it, I'd just keep saving if I was you
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a hard time using them too. Even 3-5 points and all I think is if I dont do good research and do things 1/2 way right it will be that many years before I can hunt there again. Then I worry if I am using them in the right place or time. NV elk is going to be a bad one for me too and Im not even sure I want to see the day I burn all my points in it. Sometimes I wish I didnt have any points. There are places I would like to hunt that can be drawn first choice that I would like to hunt but dont want to use my points on but cant be drawn 2nd choice. Really my points havent done me any good at all yet and the best tags I have ever had were a WY antelope tag I drew in the random draw and a LE deer tag in Idaho.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Dang, all I know is my Dad is in the top heap for Bison in Utah, My wife is in the top end for Mtn. Goat also in Utah. and I just put in for a couple units in Wyoming that will burn 7 deer points and 4 Antelope points. Needless to say anxiety is gonna be full throttle if all these tags get pulled in one year. I pray they don't
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I worry about drawing tomany tags in 1 year too and am trying to decide what draw to sit out of this year to be sure i dont draw 2 tags that are close together even though Im not sure I would draw either of them. I just want to make the most out of it when I use points!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    It seems to get worse every year for me. Not only have I been stressing about my 16 elk points in my home state, but now I have two of my sons old enough to hunt and worrying what I should do for them. Start building them points at an early age, or draw tags each year just to get them out. We used to have a pretty good unit for deer and elk that I looked forward to taking them too but the quality of hunt has seemed to drop each year to where all we see are hunters and no game. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Colorado T I would get them out hunting and not worry about points unless you know of units they can draw 2nd choice every year and other units they can hunt with just a few points. Kids need the experience of getting out and hunting every year even if its not a great hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    MM, I agree and have done just that. Ive been taking them to Wyoming antelope hunting which has definitely increased their desire. My younger son just completed his first year hunting and took a decent mulie buck, but the best part of that hunt was watching him pursue an even larger buck and he actually pushed me to go farther in the process.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Antelope is a great hunt for them! I was more thinking of CO when I wrote that and Im not saying not to get them building points anywhere, just saying get them out hunting every year! Least thats what I wanted at that age. I didnt care how big the buck was, I just wanted to go hunting!