Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Idaho is one of the few states I dont worry about much. Since there are no points its not like I wont have a chance at drawing for another 25 years. I could also never draw again but atleast I have the same chance as everyone else at it. To me a LE tag in Idaho is icing on the cake. I drew a deer tag in 2012 with pretty steep odds. I killed my buck the first day. He is an old buck but definitely not a monster by any means. He scored 146. Maybe if I had passed him up I could have found a bigger buck. Actually he was the first, last and only deer I saw there. Im happy with him and I dont regret it a bit and if I had it to do over again I wouldnt change a thing!

I dont worry about WY antelope much either. Maybe because they are lots of them and I can draw every 3-4 years. I killed a 76 antelope in a unit that takes 3-4 points on the first day 2 years ago. Maybe I could have found an 80'' goat there but I have never regretted pulling the trigger on him either!

Most other hunts Im sweating bullets! LOl

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodtick View Post
    Anyone have anxiety attacks after they apply for a tag that they've been saving points for?? I have one heck of a time burning 3-4 points on an Antelope tag, Ya save and save and then ya don't want to burn them, it's gonna be bad when I burn some of these points in Nevada, Utah or Colorado that I've been saving the better part of 15 years for!!! I know when I burnt 12 points for my Elk in Utah I was in utter distress for months!! Anyone else have this problem??
    I know exactly what you mean! 13 pts. in Utah for elk and I've almost went back and changed my application a couple times. Oh man I hope the Book Cliffs MZ was the right choice. Of course I'll be all worked up like last year then probably won't draw again, UGH!
    Actually it's a blast, I think I like the opportunity hunts just as much. After all no matter which ones I draw at least I'm hunting!
    Last edited by gonhunting247; 03-01-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Idaho is one of the few states I dont worry about much. Since there are no points its not like I wont have a chance at drawing for another 25 years. I could also never draw again but atleast I have the same chance as everyone else at it. To me a LE tag in Idaho is icing on the cake. I drew a deer tag in 2012 with pretty steep odds. I killed my buck the first day. He is an old buck but definitely not a monster by any means. He scored 146. Maybe if I had passed him up I could have found a bigger buck. Actually he was the first, last and only deer I saw there. Im happy with him and I dont regret it a bit and if I had it to do over again I wouldnt change a thing!

I dont worry about WY antelope much either. Maybe because they are lots of them and I can draw every 3-4 years. I killed a 76 antelope in a unit that takes 3-4 points on the first day 2 years ago. Maybe I could have found an 80'' goat there but I have never regretted pulling the trigger on him either!

Most other hunts Im sweating bullets! LOl

Those are awesome pics! I wouldn't even start to second guess either of those! Good Job!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gonhunting247 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 5 Posts
    This is the buck I killed in 2012, He's a good looking buck but I know there was definitely bigger ones in the unit.

Lots and lots of glassing, my eyes hurt for weeks it seemed like.

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodtick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow there are definitely a lot of points sitting out there just amongst the EHJ guys right here on the forum, lol. I am young and play the points game a bit but you guys with the 10+ points are definitely the 1%ers and I give you props for having the will power to follow through with that! I would imagine some of you may disagree but I think some many of us read the magazines and are naturally drawn to "how do I kill the toad" 200" buck that we lose some focus on all of the good OTC public land opportunities which exist and can still provide fun experiences with trophy potential. This is just my opinion but I consider a hunt to be successful if I am blessed with the opportunity to experience the outdoors with friends and family and if I kill something hey that's icing on the cake. Don't get me wrong I am a hardcore hunter and points are a great thing but I just think so many people leave behind great quality opportunities each year to chase the "front cover". I think introducing youth/new sportsmen to any successful outing is the key to our future and securing our heritage. BTW don't beat me if you have 22 points, I still think that is phenomenal!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just DIY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Nothing wrong with that buck Woodtick!! There could have been bigger bucks there but that one is your buck! Them being there and actually getting them can be 2 very different things.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome pics guys, good representation! Woodtick I couldn't concur with you more, its all about the time behind the glass but hey you never know where there gonna be. You could hunt your butt off miles from the trailhead and you or someone whacks a 200" right off the road. That's why they call it hunting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Just DIY For This Useful Post: