Thread: Front of Center

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Front of Center

I measured my Foc at around 8.5% and would like to increase that some...is going from a 100 to 125 gr the easiest and best choice to increase? I've been satisfied for the most part with buying my arrows cut to size but I am slowly getting more and more involved in taking my set ups to the next step.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been using the Victory VAP arrows and the 50gr. inserts. Pretty incredible penetration. I think my FOC is around 18%.
    Great arrow flight and very accurate with broadheads.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ELR View Post
    I measured my Foc at around 8.5% and would like to increase that some...is going from a 100 to 125 gr the easiest and best choice to increase? I've been satisfied for the most part with buying my arrows cut to size but I am slowly getting more and more involved in taking my set ups to the next step.
    IMO 8.5% FOC is a little low, you will get better arrow flight at longer ranges with an FOC minimum of 12%. As far as screwing on a 125 gr. head.......yes that will definitely increase your FOC but keep in mind, the more weight you put on the end of the shaft the softer the shaft will act and you could get into an "under spined" situation, however that can usually be remedied by shortening your shafts a little if you have the room.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ELR View Post
    I did the same thing last year and it was not as easy as just adding a heavier broad head...I had to change arrow spline also. You might be able to get away with it if you have not super tuned your bow set up so you will have to shoot to see but my guess is you will be altering several items with the change. I have improved my accuracy at 50+ yards and my penetration is better than when I shot 100 grain broad heads.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In one of my issues of EBJ they talked front of center and 3 out of the 4 arrows tested were in the 7% range and the victory with an insert of some sort was 13 so at first assumption I thought I was pretty good at 8.5 but after more research yes that is low. I would like to be at 10-12 and though I mainly hunt white tails in the Midwest I do have an elk hunt planned and I would just as soon get set up for elk and hunt with one set up rather than switch all time. Like said before I've been ok with box arrows but am slowly looking at better setups

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    After hours among hours of reading on this subject, I'm a firm believer in a high FOC. I switched arrows recently to help me achieve this actually. I ended up getting some Easton ACC Pro Hunters. I'm sitting close to 14% now. But that was a pain in the A$$ to get it there. They are really shooting good though. Finished arrow is 498 grains. 125 gr heads, no wrap like I was accustomed to, no lighted nock, heavier inserts and a weight on the front in the form of a broadhead adapter.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker