Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WY unit 90-1

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had that tag 3 years ago. It was a very fun hunt. I wen the opener expecting a ton of people. Yes, there were people but not like I thought. I saw several goats bigger than the 1 I shot in the night before and the next morning. A few of the bigger ones were hanging around private farms/ranches. But not all. I shot mine the opening afternoon. He had 6" cutters, 14+ inches tall with heavy mass. Scored 75 Inches. We went back 2 weeks later and saw way fewer antelope, but almost, if not, ZERO people. But not near the amount and quality we saw in the opener.

Good LUCK!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like the mount....
    He has some nice cutters

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 480/277 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is a really nice goat robiland!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Topgun 30-06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's a great buck robiland! Thanks for sharing. The idea of getting to the antelope before everyone else always sounds good, but I'm really wanting to try a hunt later in the season. I've hunted antelope a few times with success but its always been during the first week of season. I've convinced myself that the next tag I get, I will wait and hunt a couple weeks into the season hoping for less people. Hopefully it doesn't backfire! Just need the tag now!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rob270340 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by rob270340 View Post
    That's a great buck robiland! Thanks for sharing. The idea of getting to the antelope before everyone else always sounds good, but I'm really wanting to try a hunt later in the season. I've hunted antelope a few times with success but its always been during the first week of season. I've convinced myself that the next tag I get, I will wait and hunt a couple weeks into the season hoping for less people. Hopefully it doesn't backfire! Just need the tag now!
    Dont worry all the hunters wont kill all the antelope opening weekend! lol. Alot of them will take smaller antelope when they have the opportunity and alot of antelope will move to parts of the unit that arent getting so much pressure and after the hunters thin out after the first few days you will have some good hunting with alot less hunters.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What MM said + 1
    I have hunted both and on the later hunt there were still plenty of antelope and very few people...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck to ya. It's a nice unit. If we draw 90-2 we will be out the first week of October. Fingers crossed